No Life

In La Jolla, CA

Andrew and Jesse arrive back in their hotel room at night. Jesse walks into the kitchen while Andrew was looking at the bills that were piling up and Andrew's credit is running dry. "Are you hungry, Andrew?" Jesse asks him from the kitchen making Andrew put away the papers. Andrew then walks over into the kitchen where Jesse was looking at the food they have. "No." Andrew said to her and he walks over to Jesse and he puts his arms around Jesse hugging her. "I am going out and I will be back late so you can go to sleep." Andrew said to her making Jesse turn to him. "Where are you going?" Jesse asks him making Andrew give her a smile. "You don't have to worry about that. Okay." Andrew said to her and he kisses Jesse's cheek. "I will see you later." Andrew said to her and he walks away from Jesse leaving her alone in the room.

At A Bar

Andrew was sitting at the bar talking to a worker about his time with Jesse in Los Angeles. "And we stayed at this beautiful hotel... five stars...and that's where I asked her if she wanted to spend the rest of her life with me." Andrew said to her worker. "What did she say?" He asks Andrew who smiles. "She said yes!" Andrew yelled with a smile. "Congratulations." The worker said to him with a smile. "Thank you." Andrew said to him while the worker gives Andrew his drink. Andrew turns to see someone he knows then he turns to the worker again giving him some money. "Very kind of you." The worker said to him with a smile. Andrew walks over to the guy who looks at him. "I need something stronger." Andrew said to him. "What if I told you... that you've been doing this..." He said and he lit up some fire makers. "And I could offer you..." He said making an even bigger fire. "I've done crystal before." Andrew said to him. "Not like this." He said to Andrew who gives him a look. 

Later that Night

Andrew enters his and Jesse's room to see Jesse was asleep on the bed. Andrew walks over to sleeping Jesse and kisses Jesse's cheek then he walks into the kitchen. Andrew takes out the drug before he takes it, Andrew turns to Jesse who was sleeping. Andrew looks back at the drug and he injects the crystal meth into his system. During meth high Andrew imagines himself going to Versace, being fitted for a suit. Andrew rambles on and on to Gianni about his generousness. "A man with nothing to give is a nothing man," he says. It's all part of his psychosis, believing he should be a star, whereas someone like Mr. Versace isn't as talented, that he "got lucky" and got famous. 

We're seeing the growth of Andrew's inner rage, his drug habit, and his mental illness, all of which will eventually collide to make him a horrific murderer.

Later that night, Jesse wakes up from hearing noises in the kitchen. Jesse jumps up from the bed and looks into the kitchen to see a red light. Jesse slowly walks into the kitchen to see Andrew leaning against the wall. "Andrew..." Jesse calls him but she doesn't get an answer. Jesse sees a bag on the table making her walk over to it. Jesse sees crystals on the table, Jesse puts her finger on it not seeing Andrew walking over to her. "Oh, no." Jesse said to herself then she gets pushed into the wall by Andrew. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!" Andrew yelled at her as he grabs Jesse by her nack. "Andrew..." Jesse said to him making Andrew choke her. "Shut it. I give you everything and you just push me away like I am nothing to you." Andrew said to her while Jesse was trying to grab a plate that was sitting on the table. "Andrew, you know how much I care about you but..." Jesse said to him making Andrew choke her more. "What? You don't like that I lie to people or that I take drugs." Andrew said to her and he leans closer to Jesse who looks away from him. "You are nothing without me." Andrew said to her while Jesse lets go of some tears. "You are so pretty..." Andrew said to her as he starts kissing Jesse's cheek. Jesse grabs the plate then she hits Andrew on the head with it. Andrew lets go of her screaming in pain while Jesse rubs her neck. "Andrew..." Jesse calls him as she walks slowly to Andrew who was rubbing his head. Jesse was about to touch Andrew's back but Andrew slapped her across the face, knocking her to the ground. Jesse looks at Andrew while holding her cheek and she sees that Andrew was not himself because of the meth. Jesse stands up and runs to the door. "JESSE!" Jesse hears Andrew yelling for her as she runs down the hallway.