Lee Miglin

May 1997 

In Toronto, Canada

Jesse and Andrew arrive at Lee's house at night. Andrew inspects Jesse, who is wearing a short black dress that she will be wearing to their meeting with Lee. Andrew is still angry at Jesse because she hasn't answered his question, but he knows it's just a matter of time. Jesse gazes at Andrew as he slowly grabs her hand and intertwines their fingers. "You look stunning tonight, Jesse." Andrew said to her making Jesse smile at him. "Thank you, Andrew, and you look very handsome." Jesse said to Andrew, making Andrew smile, then Andrew leaned down and kissed Jesse tenderly.

Jesse and Andrew walk to the front door while Andrew had his bag with him. Jesse rings the doorbell and the two wait for a minute. Jesse runs the plan in her head over and over again then she looks at Andrew as the door opens. "Come in. Come in." Lee said to the two, Andrew lets Jesse walk in first then him. "Follow me, I made you two sandwich each." Lee said to the two making Andrew takes Jesse's hand and the two follows Lee to the kitchen. "I didn't expect you two to be in town." Lee said to them making Jesse look at him. "Neither did we." Jesse said to him with a smile. "What brings you two to Chicago?" Lee asks them. "Work." Andrew said to him as he watched Jesse eat her sandwich. "Next time, a little warning would be useful. It's sheer luck I have the house to myself." Lee said to the two making Andrew look at him. "When does Marilyn get back?" Andrew asks him while Jesse runs her lines in her head. "Sunday morning." Lee said to him making Jesse look at him. "We have some time." Jesse said to him making Lee look at her as Jesse gives Lee one of her gorgeous smiles that Andrew loves so much. "Can you stay the night?" Lee asks the two making Andrew look at him. "Can you shut the blinds?" Andrew asks him making Lee nod and he walks away to close the blinds. Andrew walks closer to Jesse, he leans over, and whispers into her ear. "Babe, you're doing a great job." Andrew told her, making Jesse nod and Andrew kiss her cheek. 

The two then follow Lee to his office where he wanted to show them something. "I have wanted to share this with you two for a long time, and never had a chance." Lee said as he pulled out his plans, while Jesse looked over at Andrew to see him taking out his gun. Jesse watches as Andrew points his gun at Lee making Jesse walk closer to him. "Andrew..." Jesse whispers to him making Andrew look at her. "The Skyneedle." Lee said making the two look at him as Andrew puts his gun away when Lee looks at the two. "When it's completed, it will be the tallest building in the world. Right here in Chicago." Lee said to them making Jesse walk over to Lee while Andrew puts his bag down. "Jesse, you are a smart girl. How many stories will this building have?" Lee asks her making Jesse look at the plans while Andrew walks over to Jesse's side. "125 stories. 1,952 feet." Jesse said to him making Lee nod. "That is right." Lee said to her with a smile and he looks at the plans again while Andrew kisses Jesse's cheek. "Is it one of yours?" Andrew asks Lee while he puts his hand on Jesse's back. "It's my...my pride, my passion." Lee said to him while Jesse looks at the plans. "You're building it just a few blocks away from Sears Tower." Jesse said to him making Lee nod. "And taller by..." Lee said making Jesse look at him. "500 feet." Jesse said to him making Lee nod. "And there's an observation deck?" Andrew asks him making Lee look at him. "Of course." Lee said to him. "Wait, so...so you can look down on the Sears Tower observation deck? You're gonna put them out of business." Jesse said to Lee who looks at her. "Why would you want to be down there when you could be up here?" Jesse asks the two men making Lee laugh a little. "I never thought of it like that." Lee said to her making Jesse glare at him. "Please, that's exactly how you thought of it." Jesse said to Lee as Andrew became jealous of Lee's attention to her. "I imagined riding up in the elevator with those...Get to the top with all those families and children all excited about the view, excited about being at the top of the tallest tower in the world. They wouldn't know who I was. I could just roam among them, eavesdropping." Lee said to Jesse who nods a little. "But it's never going to happen?" Jesse asks him making Lee look at her. "No, it it it... I promise you this will happen." Lee said to her. "Have you broken ground?" Andrew asks him as Lee looks at the plans. "Not yet." Lee said to him. "And the financing?" Jesse asks him making Lee look at her. "No." Lee said to her and he looks at the plans again. "The Miglin Tower." Jesse said to herself making Andrew smile at her. "I-I-I told you what it's called." Lee said to her making Jesse look at him. "What's wrong with the Miglin Tower?" Jesse asks him. "It's the Skyneedle. I-I want it to inspire people to reach up. It's about that, not about me." Lee said to her making Jesse nod. "Of course, it's about you. It's the...It's the tallest building in the world. It's the Lee Miglin Tower." Jesse said to him making Andrew nod agreeing with her. "It...it's not about that." Lee said to her. "Then what are you showing this to us for? Do you think we really want to spend all evening listening to how great you are? A great man with a great tower. The modest Lee Miglin Tower inspiring wideeyed children for thousands of years to come. Is that what you think we want to do?"  Andrew asks him making Lee think about it. "We don't have to talk." Lee said to them. "No, we don't." Jesse said to him with a smile and she looks down at the plans. "I understand what you're doing." Jesse said to Lee as she walks closer to the old man. "You're trying to impress me. Trying to pretend that this isn't merely about money. That this isn't merely a business transaction. That there's a genuine attraction between us." Jesse said, hating the last part of her sentence. "You can pretend, too, Jesse." Lee said, making Jesse grin knowing she has him under her control. Afterward, Jesse leans up and kisses Lee, causing him to wrap his arms around her lower back. Andrew watches getting jealous, Jesse was his lover, and nobody can touch her except for him. Jesse pulled away from Lee, she felt Andrew's jealous gaze on the two of them. "You've never been kissed like that, have you?" Jesse asks him as she feels Lee's hands on her back. "No. No." Lee said to her making Jesse smile. "How did it feel?" Jesse asks him. "Feels like I'm alive." Lee said to her as Andrew walks over to Jesse. "Escorts don't normally kiss, do they?" Andrew asks him while he pulls Jesse away from Lee. "No, you're not like..." Lee said to them making Andrew cut him off. "Most escorts, no. We do not like most escorts. We are not like most anybody." Andrew said to him while he rubs Jesse's shoulders. "I could almost be...a husband. Jesse can be the perfect wife. Or a partner. We could almost be. We really could, almost." Andrew said to him with a smile. "I...I know it's not real, Andrew. I'm not a fool." Lee said to him and he looks at Jesse. "But...you Jesse make it seem so real." Lee said as he created a twitch in Jesse's body and Andrew can feel it. "Good. Let's go out." Andrew said to Lee with a smile, understanding that the man was making his lover uncomfortable.

The three walk out of the house and they walk to the garage. "Where are we going?" Lee asks the two as Andrew pulls him to the garage's door. "To make a mess. And I don't want you to worry about it." Andrew said to him as Jesse opens the door to the garage. After the three reached the garage, Lee grabbed Jesse's hand and pushed her against a wall. Lee is pulled away from Jesse by Andrew, who glances at him. "I'm in control now." Andrew said to Lee and he then picks up a glove while Jesse leans on the car. Andrew puts the glove in Lee's mouth then he picks up the tape that was sitting on the table. Jesse watches as Andrew puts the tape around Lee's face while she was thinking about Andrew's strange tape obsession. "Lay down." Andrew said to Lee while Jesse walks over to the wall and she leans on it. "So...dominant out there." Andrew said to Lee while picking up a wire and he tie Lee's legs. "So submissive in here. So powerful out there. So pathetic...in here. But you like being pathetic, don't you?" Andrew asks him while looking at Lee then Jesse and back at Lee. "Yeah. Yeah." Andrew said as he gets on top of Lee and he starts choking Lee after a few seconds, Andrew lets go of Lee. Andrew starts thinking about the moment when Lee kissed Jesse in front of him, which triggers him to punch Lee in the face, making Jesse jump a bit while Lee's nose bleeds. "I've killed two people, Lee. Two people that were very close to me but they turn someone I love against me." Andrew said to him as he looks at Jesse who looks down. "I know it's hard to believe." Andrew said to him as he turns to Lee again. "Intellectual Andrew. Wellread, well-spoken Andrew. Well-dressed. But here I am. This is me." Andrew said to him and he leans down to Lee's ear. "Now, I know that you're not wearing your hearing aid, so I'm going to speak very loudly and very clearly so you can understand. I want you to know that when they find your body, you will be wearing ladies' panties...surrounded by gay porn. I want the world to see...that the great Lee Miglin is a sissy. Soon, the whole world will know that the great Lee Miglin, who built Chicago, built it with a limp wrist." Andrew said to him as he sits up. "The cops will know. The press will know. Your wife will know. Your children will know. The neighbors will know. My future children will know." Andrew said to him making Jesse looks at him. "Tell me something, Lee, what terrifies you more, death or being disgraced? Disgraced. You know, disgrace isn't that bad. Once you settle into it. Disgrace." Andrew said to him and he gets up from Lee and he walks over to Concrete. Andrew puts his hand on Jesse's cheek and kisses Jesse then Andrew picks up the concrete that was next to Jesse. "Concrete can build. Concrete can kill." Andrew said as he walks over to Lee with the concrete and Andrew drops the concrete on Lee making Jesse jump a little. Andrew's eyes catch sight of scissors, so he walks to the table and picks them up then Andrew walks over to Lee's body and stabs him in the chest, killing him. Andrew turns to see that Jesse was not in the garage anymore. 

After a few minutes, Andrew walks into the office after he was done with Lee. Andrew sees Jesse looking at the plans on the desk. "You want something to eat?" Andrew asks her making Jesse looks at him and she sees the meat in Andrew's hands. "Are you eating him?" Jesse asks him making Andrew laugh a little as he walks over to Jesse. "No, babe it's ham." Andrew said to her making Jesse nod. "Right." Jesse said to him as Andrew puts the ham down. "Jesse..." Andrew said making Jesse look at him to see Andrew looking at the table. "Are you scared of me?" Andrew asks her. "What gives you that idea?" Jesse asks him making Andrew look at her. "When I was busying with Lee, I saw you jump." Andrew said to her making Jesse nod understanding why he was asking her this. "I didn't see it coming." Jesse said to him making Andrew walk closer to her. "I apologize if I scared you." Andrew said to her as he places his hand on Jesse's cheek. "Just remember I love you." Andrew said to her while he rests his forehead on Jesse. "And you need to remember that I love you." Jesse said to him making Andrew smile. Andrew puts his arms around Jesse as the two share a sweet kiss while Jesse puts her arms around Andrew's neck.

It was late at night and Andrew was awake while Jesse was sleeping. Andrew looks down at Jesse, who was sleeping peacefully. A few minutes later, Andrew takes out a ring box and looks at it for a moment before opening the box and he takes out the ring. Andrew lays down on the bed and the ring of gold is placed on her ring finger of Jesse. A smile spreads across Andrew's lips as he entwines their fingers together and kisses Jesse's hand.