~ N I N E T E E N ~

Lilith apparated to the inside of the Malfoy manor, where there was an elf waiting for her at the door. "Miss Malfoy is waiting there," the elf pointed towards a room that was slightly ajar with the light within peeking out. Lilith thanked the elf with a kiss on the head, making the elf flinch at the first caress he had received in a very long time.

As Lilith made her way to the door, her heart started beating faster. She was about to talk to the mother of the person she was going to marry in a couple of months.

Lilith slowly pushed the heavy black door, opening it to a grand, beautiful sitting room with portraits hanging on the walls and a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The door made a slight creek sound.

Narcissa turned half her head. "Lilith, dear," she turned her head back around and tapped the spoon from her teacup on the brim, "Please, come in."

Lilith's posture perfected itself as she made her way closer to Narcissa Malfoy. "Hello, Mrs. Malfoy," she greeted her.

"Oh, dear!" Narcissa elegantly stood up from her seat to face Lilith, "Please, call me Narcissa. Calling me Mrs. Malfoy makes me feel old," she chuckled, earning a smile from Lilith.

"Of course, Narcissa." Lilith took a seat and was offered tea by another elf, which she accepted.

"So, I assume your parents have told you about the New Years Ball?"

Taking a sip from her tea, and setting it down on a small table in between her and Narcissa, Lilith responded, "Yes and no."

"Sorry?" Narcissa tilted her head.

"Yes, my parents told me, but your son was actually the first one to let me know."

Narcissa was halfway through bringing her teacup to her mouth when she heard Lilith answer, and she set down the cup, "Draco? He told you?"

"Well, actually, he asked me."

"He asked you?"

"Yes, he asked me to attend the ball with him. And I said yes." Lilith smiled at herself, recalling the moment they shared.

"Hmm," Narcissa hummed, smiling into her teacup and staring back and forth between a portrait of Draco and Lilith.

Lilith noticed Narcissa's eyes and took a look around the room she was in, this time scanning it more thoroughly. On her right side were rows of self-portraits of generations of Malfoys. On the bottom right was a portrait of Draco. There was enough space on the wall for many more generations, which means they probably expected a child to come out of Lilith and Draco's marriage.

Way too soon for that.

On her left side was an identical wall, but instead of portraits, there were moving pictures of Draco and his family. There were pictures of Narcissa's and Lucius's wedding day, a picture of Lucius carrying Draco after he was born, a picture of Narcissa helping Draco take his first steps, a picture of Lucius teaching Draco how to ride his broom, and so many more. It was the story of their family.

"Narcissa, I'm sorry to be a bother, but do you mind if I am able to go and check out my room?" Lilith fixed her skirt as she prepared to stand up.

"Yes, of course. I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting." Narcissa pulled on a smile as she also set down her teacup and prepared to stand.

"Oh, no, don't worry," she gestured for Narcissa to stay seated. "I can find my way around."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Do you mind just giving me the general direction?"

"Take the first stairs all the way to the top, make a left, and when you're at the end of the hall, take a right."

"Thank you." Lilith walked closer to Narcissa and extended her hand.

Standing up, Narcissa brought Lilith in for a hug, "No need for that anymore, Lilith. We're family now."

"Right," Lilith pulled away and smiled shyly.

Lilith walked out of the sitting room and towards the first staircase she saw. It was smooth as she ran her hand up the rail all the way to the top. She reached the top and remembered to make a left, so she did. She started walking towards the end of the hall and then she took a right. There were two room side-by-side, so Lilith didn't know which one was hers.

She entered the room that was slightly open and her eyes scanned the room. There were bookshelves of books on both sides of the room, one bed perfectly positioned in the middle, a nightstand next to the bathroom, and a door she guessed was the closet. On the wall were frames of certificates, medals hanging, and moving pictures.

It definitely wasn't her room.

But Lilith was so captivated by the beauty of the room, she stayed.

"That's not your room, Jones," a deep voice behind her spoke, causing Lilith to turn her body.

"It's not nice to sneak up on people like that, Malfoy."

Draco was holding a book in his hands, setting it on his nightstand as he walked inside. "Do you want me to show you to your room?"

"Later," she answered, walking towards his bed and dropping her body down on the mattress.

"How was your Christmas?" He asked, organizing his nightstand.

"It was alright. I took Maya out to Hogsmeade to shop with me, and let her choose her own gifts."

"You let her choose her gifts?" He turned towards her.

"She's not like every other kid, Malfoy," Lilith closed her eyes, "She likes to choose her own things because she thinks I don't know what her 'style' is," she chuckled, "How was your Christmas?"

"Uneventful."

"Hmm."

"You know, you could go sleep in your own room, Jones." Draco walked closer to Lilith.

"I don't want to," she opened one eye and smiled at him.

"Ah, you want to stay here with me? Why, Jones? Did you miss me?" Draco's infamous smirk appeared on his face.

"Maybe," she closed her eyes again. After some seconds of silence, Lilith opened her eyes again, "Cat got your tongue, Malfoy?"

"No," he retorted, taking off suit jacket and walking over to hang it inside his closet. Lilith sat up on his bed and moved to one side, making enough space for him to join her. He turned around to face her again, "I assume you want me to join you?"

"Up to you," she said. Lilith laid on her side, her eyes closing.

There were some steps stepping further from her but she didn't open her eyes. Then the steps neared her and the bed sunk a little bit on her right side. She smiled to herself, feeling his presence next to her. Draco grabbed her shoulder and turned her body towards him.

Lilith opened her eyes and smirked at Draco, "I knew you couldn't resist this opportunity."

"Piss off, Jones," he placed her head on the pillow gently and stroke her hair. He looked down at her as her eyes stayed on him.

He bent down slightly to place a kiss on her forehead but she moved her head on purpose, and their lips connected instead.

She pulled away and chuckled, "Who would've known that the great Draco Malfoy would give kisses on the forehead."

"Can you try to not spoil the moment, Jones? Just once?" Draco rolled his eyes at her.

"Fine," she huffed, sitting up on the bed and turning their bodies so she was on top of him.

"What are you doing?" On instinct, Draco held onto her hips.

"Don't spoil the moment," she whispered, bending down to his ear.