~ T W E N T Y - S E V E N ~

"Good night, Maya," Lilith pecked her sister's forehead whilst covering her body with the velvet blanket. "Here," Lilith reached into her pocket and took out the vial with the cure, "Take this."

"What is it? It looks like poison," Maya scrunched her nose in disgust.

"It will help your nightmares end, alright? Just take it."

"Okay," Maya took the vial and took the cap off, inspecting the vial again. After giving Lilith one last concerning stare and her sister giving her a reassuring nod, Maya drank the potion. "It tastes like blueberries! Can I have more?"

"No," Lilith chuckled. "Now go to bed."

"Lilith, I don't want to go back to mother and father," Maya frowned.

"I know. You're not going to stay there anymore. I'm going to make sure of that, okay? We're going to figure that out. Go to bed."

"Are you going to sleep with me?" Maya laid her body down and stared up at her sister.

"Do you want me to?"

"Yes."

"Then yes," Lilith smiled at her sister, uncovering one side of the bed with the blanket and laying her body down.

"Good night, Maya." Lilith stroked her sister's hair until she fell asleep.

"Good night, Lily."

What would tomorrow look like?

---

Standing in front of the Jones Manor would've been great in other circumstances, especially if Lilith was homesick, but all Lilith could feel was disgust for the kind of parents she had.

"Are you ready, Jones?" Draco had accompanied Lilith and Maya in case there was any problem.

"Yeah," she knelt down to look at her sister, "Are you okay, Maya?"

"Yeah," her sister's eyes flickered with fear but she held her head up high. Something their father had taught them—to not show emotion. Lilith was prepared to teach her differently. Showing your feelings was not a sign of weakness, despite what Andre had embedded into Lilith's head.

Lilith opened the door, stepping in with her sister's hand in hers. Andre and Scarlet were waiting for her in the sitting room, their bodies perfectly seated next to each other.

"Maya!" Scarlet cheered.

Maya didn't move, letting go of her sister's hand and hiding behind Draco's body.

"Lilith," her father greeted her. "What brings you here? Maya was supposed to be dropped off by herself. And Draco, welcome."

"Mr. and Mrs. Jones," Draco nodded in greeting.

"Lilith, are you going to explain what you're doing here?"

"Yes. The simplest way I can put this is that things are going to change."

"Excuse me?" Andre narrowed his eyes, noticing the change in attitude of her daughter.

"I'm going to cut to the chase, father. Maya has told me about her treatment here." Andre looked at Maya and Lilith stepped in to block his view, "You have been giving her books to read, forced her to stop playing, mistreated Blemmy in front of her, and above all, you've disregarded her nightmares."

"What are you getting at, Lilith?" Scarlet asked, standing up.

"I'm taking her away from you."

"You're doing what?!"

"And how do you plan on doing that?" Andre asked, keeping his temper.

"By suing you for neglect. I'm going to be requesting I—"