~ F O U R T Y - F O U R ~

"Lily, we need to start planning your wedding!" Ginny walked back and forth in the common room, coming up with new ideas for Lilith's wedding instead of her own. "Okay, so I was thinking maybe we have—"

"I wouldn't start planning if I were you," Draco interrupted, sipping his drink while avoiding eye contact.

"Why not?"

"Don't listen to him," Lilith said, taking a seat next to Harry, placing her head on his shoulder and closing her eyes. "Continue."

"She's right. We have so much to do!" Hermione clapped her hands together, smiling brightly.

"You didn't tell them, Jones?" Lilith stayed silent, silently pleading she could fall asleep.

"Tell us what?" Harry asked, moving his head slightly to look at Lilith.

"Yeah. What's going on?" Ron added.

"Nothing—"

"Hello, losers," Blaise and Pansy walked in with bright smiles on their faces.

"What's with the smile, Pans?" Draco asked, looking at Blaise and then Pansy, "Wait, did you two shag?"

"Don't be so ridiculous, Malfoy," Blaise responded, running his hand on his head to smooth out his hair.

"Sure," he replied sarcastically, placing on leg over the other.

"What's with the face, Potter?" She asked, taking off her robe and throwing it on the floor. Pansy walked over to the free couch and threw herself on it, releasing a sigh of exhaustion. "It's the weekend for Merlin's sake. One more week and we're gone for a while."

"Our two fellow lovebirds have a secret they won't share," Ginny shook her finger in Draco's face and then walked over to Lilith, slightly slapping her cheek to wake her up.

"Oh, is that so?" Blaise asked, grinning at Draco. "And what would that be?"

"It's nothing," Lilith murmured, her eyes still closed. "There's no secret and nothing to tell."

"We're eloping," Draco sighed, waiting for a response out of Lilith.

She snapped her eyes open, slightly glaring at him before looking around the room. Everyone snapped their eyes to Lilith. "We haven't—"

"Wait," Ron interrupted, "What does that word mean?"

"Merlin," Hermione whispered, shaking her head, "It means they're going to secretly run away to get married."

"Well, it's not really a secret anymore, is it?" He added, chuckling to himself.

"So we're not going to attend the wedding? Well that's no fun," Pansy frowned.

"Yeah, that sucks. Why can't we go?" Harry crossed his arms over his chest.

"We haven't decided on anything," Lilith responded, lifting her head from Harry's shoulder. "There's a lot we need to discuss and Malfoy isn't going to be the one who decides such thing."

"We talked about it already, Jones."

"Yes," she stood up, stretching her arms up to the ceiling, "We talked about it but we didn't make any final decision."

"Too late. I've already—"

"You? You decided this on your own? Did you not care to consult me?"

Blaise snickered, causing everyone to look at him. "Look at you two. If you ask me, you don't need to get married. You already act like an old couple competing for the oatmeal. Merlin's beard," he started laughing.

Hermione sighed as she whispered to Ginny. She waved Harry over, making him stand up and place Lilith's head on the headboard of the couch they were sitting on. When he reached Ginny and Hermione, Hermione whispered something to him too. They all nodded in agreement and made their way over to Pansy, Blaise, and Ron and pushed them towards the door of the common room. "What are you doing?" Ron asked.

"Let's go," Harry insisted, "I think these two have things to discuss."

"But I want to stay for the drama," Blaise added, moving to the side and walking back to Draco and Lilith. "You won't even know I'm here."

Pansy walked to Blaise and grabbed him by the ears, dragging him out of the room while he whined, "Let's go, Blaise. I don't want to be here when they start throwing things around."

"Hell!" Ginny said, no longer pushing them out of the common room, her eyes brightening with anticipation, "If there's going to be throwing involved, I'm staying."

"Like hell you are," Harry responded, grabbing her and Ron by the arms and exiting the common room, Hermione following behind.

"Alright. Now that they're gone," Lilith sighed, standing up from her seat and walking over to Draco. She slapped his chest, "Why the fuck did you tell them we were eloping?"

"Because we are," he moved her hands from his chest to her side and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"They weren't supposed to know. Eloping is supposed to be running away secretly, you idiot," she chuckled.

"It's not like we didn't tell them when we were going to get married. For all they know, we could be getting married right now or in three months or in a year. I didn't tell them everything," he insisted, pecking her lips and lifting her up slightly from the ground.

"We haven't decided when, that's why. I'm sure if we would've known when, you would've told the whole school," she rolled her eyes.

"You're probably right. Honestly, I don't understand why they were so surprised that we chose to elope. I would assume they would understand," he moved away from Lilith, taking a seat where he was previously.

"What do you mean?"

"I'd expect them to know that we wouldn't want to have the wedding with our parents around, you know? I mean, we want to move away from the arranged part of this and more towards the willingness of actually going through with it. Besides, it's not like we're breaking any contract rules. We're getting married, just not with them around."

"Yeah," she looked down at the floor and sighed.

"You're not sure if you want to elope, are you?" He grabbed her hands and pulled her towards him, setting her down on his lap.

"I am. I just don't know if I want to get married without my friends," she signaled to the door, "or without Maya there."

"Okay, yeah. Good point." They stayed in silence—both thinking of ways to fix the issue. "Well, I have an idea."

"What's that?" She wrapped her arms around his neck.

"What if we have the wedding with just them there? No parents. Just us two and them."

"I— I think... that's the best plan you've ever had!" She moved her face to his, their foreheads touching and their eyes staring at each other. "Who would've know you could actually come up with a plan?"

"It was simple, Jones," he sighed, annoyed at her subtle insults. "Not that we're on the subject, when are we going to choose the date?"

"Why are you in such a hurry? We have time, you know. Our parents want us to marry in three months. We just have to do it sooner."

"Yes. That's my point, Jones. Soon means soon and I have an idea as to when we should marry."

"Oh, yeah?" She sighed, moving her face away from him. She reached over to the table in the center of the room to take the drink he had just a while ago, bringing it to her lips. "Enlighten me."

As soon as she was about to take a sip of the glass, Draco took it from her and brought it to his own lips instead. After swallowing and licking the excess off the sides of his mouth, he said, "Next week. Spring break."