~ T W E N T Y - S I X ~

Coming out of Draco's room, and after talking with each other for about half an hour, they made their way to the other two Malfoys.

It was going to be a tense and, possibly, heated conversation.

"Mister Malfoy, Narcissa, may I have a word with both of you?"

"Of course, dear," Narcissa gestured for Lilith to step into their sitting room and take a seat, "What is it? Is everything alright?"

"I'm afraid not. It's about my sister, Maya."

"Is there something wrong?" Lucius asked, taking a seat next to his wife and placing his hand above hers.

Draco stood behind Lilith, scratching the back of his neck from the nervousness of the following topic of conversation, "Yes, actually. Umm—"

"Lily! Lily! Can I play with you now?" Maya ran into the sitting room, yelling as sweat ran down her forehead.

"Give me a little bit more time, please," Lilith pleaded her sister. This was urgent.

"But Lily," Maya whined, dropping her arms to her side and slouching her back. Her leggings were stained with dirt and her dress was covered in grass, which let Lilith know that Maya was probably rolling around the grass. It was something a little strange, but cute that Maya really enjoyed doing.

"It's alright, Jones." Draco was standing behind Lilith, his hands placed on the backrest. "You speak with them and I'll play with her."

"Really?" Narcissa eyed him.

"Is there a problem, mother?"

"No, not at all," Lucius answered for her, glancing at his wife and then back to Lilith and Draco.

Draco gave a small nod and turned to walk towards Maya. He gave one last glance to the group of wizards in his sitting room before Maya grabbed his arm and pulled him outside the room to go play.

"Please, tell us," Lucius grabbed a glass of wine in the center table, bringing it to his lips and taking a sip.

"Right. As I was saying, my sister has recently brought something to my attention. She told me that my father and mother have been taking poor care of her. I mean, they've given her a room and food, but the overall care for her well-being—mentally and emotionally—has been nonexistent. They've taken away her liberty as a young child and are forcing her to partake in educational activities she shouldn't be exposed to right now."

"I see," Lucius brought his free hand to his chin and turned his head to stare off into space. "And may I ask what it is you need from us?"

"Yes. I would think that you two would be the best people to ask about what I could do to get her out of that situation," Lilith grew more nervous, asking her parents' former friends for advice.

"There are several things you could do, Lilith," Narcissa stood up and walked to the couch Lilith was sitting on, taking a seat next to her, "But what is your main goal?"

"I want her out of there!" Lilith exclaimed, raising her voice a little louder than it needed to be, "Excuse me."

"Miss Lilith, how far do you want to take this? Interfering with such a serious thing as this needs to be handled with caution."

"Is there any way I can bring this to the attention of a judge?" Lilith needed to figure out a solution for Maya since she was going to be returning to Hogwarts soon.

If she left Maya alone with her parents for months without checking in on her, Lilith would feel responsible for the consequences in the future.

"Tell us more about what your sister has told you first. I'd like to know more." Lucius stood up and walked over to a small bookshelf towards the back of the room.