Started With Studying (Hermione x Reader)

Saw a Hermione edit on Instagram, needed to write something for her. It's a bit longer than usual but I don't care.

You're a Slytherin in this, sorry if you aren't really a Slytherin.

Warning: a bit of swearing
————————————————————

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

'Thank Merlin it's Friday' I thought to myself as I start to pack my books up from the final class of the day. I want nothing more than to spend this weekend and the week after practicing for the upcoming Quidditch match against Ravenclaw. Not that I have any doubt that we'll destroy them but better safe than sorry. Just as I pick up my bag I see Professor Mcgonagall approach me.

'Miss (L/N) would you mind staying back after class for a few minutes'

I mentally groan, knowing what she's going to want to talk about. Let's just say that transfiguration isn't exactly my strong suit.

'Yeah sure professor' I say with a smile before following her to her desk and taking a seat.

'As you know your transfiguration grades are below average' she starts.

'Great way to start a conversation teach' I say with a small smile, trying to cover up how worried I was.

'This isn't a joke miss (L/N) and you know that, you keep saying that you'll put extra work in to raise your grade but you never do, a low score in one more test and you fail the class'

'Yeah I know' I sigh.

'This is why I'm suggesting tutoring'

'Oh Merlin please no'

'And miss Granger has been kind enough to offer her services'

'This isn't optional, is it?'

'I'm afraid not, dismissed'

———————————————————

'I can't believe that I have to waste my weekend studying when I should still be out practicing Quidditch' I mumble as I walk into the library. I quickly glance around before spotting Granger's head, hiding behind a book. I walk over to her, put my books down and take a seat across from her.

'You were supposed to be her 20 minutes ago' the Gryffindor greeted me, putting down her book.

'I slept in?'

'It's 1:00 in the afternoon' she counters.

'That doesn't change my point but it doesn't mater. So.... what's the plan Granger?'

'Let's start with me quizzing you on what you know. How you turn a goblet into a quill?'

'Flick your wand, say Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and hope for the best' I sheepishly said, not knowing the answer.

'How do you even know that word? It's from a muggle movie and you come from a wizarding family'

'One of my friends are Muggleborn' I shrug.

'Oh, ok?' She responded, almost sounding a bit skeptical.

'What? Not all Slytherins are stuck up pricks like Malfoy. I'm allowed Muggleborn friends y'know. Just like you' I say, finishing with lightly booping Granger on the nose.

'Oh? We're friends now are we?' She asked with an amused smile.

'Well I'd sure like to be' I respond.

'Alright then (L/N) you've got yourself a deal'

'Awesome' I smile, leaning back and putting my feet up on the table.