Eat the Broth (Rider x Reader)

I watched Centaur World as a joke and wasn't planning on getting invested, but I fell in love with Rider instantly and watched it so I could see her. Like she's so pretty, and for what?

———————————————————

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I can hear muffled voices but can't quite make out what they're saying. The voices slowly become clearer and I can tell that the two of them have now left. My eyes feel heavy, it being nearly impossible to open them. I finally manage to open my eyes and look around, recognising my surroundings as the infirmary tent.

I try to remember what had happened and how I had ended up here. The harder I try to concentrate, the more my head pounds. The sound of the tent flaps opening cause me to look across to the entrance.

"Hey, you're finally awake." The stranger observes, moving further into the tent.

I spend a moment taking in her appearance. She is clearly a warrior, adorning battle armour and a sword. The girl has short, dark brown hair, some of which is tied in a bun.

I try to sit up quickly but am overwhelmed with pain. I clutch my side and grit my teeth, only now noticing the bandages covering my torso and stomach.

"Hey, hey, easy. You've been through a lot." The stranger soothes, gently keeping me down.

I look up into her eyes and reluctantly lay back down. She moves across the room and pours a bowl of something. She passes me the bowl and sits next to me.

"What... what happened?" I ask, wincing at the burning pain in my side.

"Your battalion got ambushed by the Nowhere King's forces." The stranger explains.

I let out a sigh, the memories of the previous battle coming back to me. I glance around and notice that every other bed is empty. A frown forms on my face as the realisation sets in.

The girl notices my demeanour and gestures to the bowl she handed me. "Eat up, you'll feel better." She claims, a soft smile gracing her features.

I inspect the contents of the bowl the girl had handed me. I grimace at the smell and put it down on the table.

"There is no way in hell that I'm eating that." I protest, glaring at the soup.

"Yeah I figured as much, no one at camp can stomach this stuff. Unfortunately, you're hurt and need to eat."

I glare at her in annoyance which she responds to with a sheepish smile. She holds the bowl to my lips and I reluctantly take a small mouthful. The second the liquid touches my tastebuds I can't help but feel the need to cough. It takes a lot of willpower to swallow the soup instead of spitting it out, but I manage.

"That tastes worse than my wounds feel."

My comment results in a small laugh from the girl. The sound of her laughter brings a smile to my lips.

"Hey, I didn't catch your name,"

"Call me Rider."

"Pleasure to meet you, Rider."

"The pleasure's all mine, now eat the broth."

"Not a chance."

"Eat the broth or I'll grab the general."

I roll my eyes at her threat and let out a slight huff, knowing she isn't going to let me off the hook.

"Fine."

She smiles triumphantly at my response and hands me the soup again. Once again it is an internal battle to try and swallow the slime like soup.

"How about we cut a deal? You tell me everything you know about the Nowhere King's castle and I'll tell the general you are your soup."

"You're not seriously thinking of going there alone? You won't stand a chance against those things."

"I will if I sneak in. Now c'mon, what do you know about the castle? Directions? How many guards? Any access points?"

"You're going to go regardless of if I tell you anything, aren't you?"

"Most likely, yes" she nods, a small grin on her face.

I contemplate for a second before letting out a sigh. "There's a whole in the castle walls on the south side, it's hidden by trees and completely unguarded."

"Really? Wow I didn't think you'd cave that quickly. Well umm... thanks." She smiles.

She stands up and puts the soup away before heading to the exit of the tent.

"Rider," I call out to her before she leaves. "Come back alive,please. I don't need your death on my conscience."

"I love the confidence you have in me. Yeah, I'll be back. I'd hate to miss out on any of that delicious broth." She sarcastically says before leaving the tent.

I sign again and close my eyes, silently praying that I would see her again in one piece.

———————————————————

It's not the greatest piece of literature and it's short as hell but it's something.

If anyone has watched Centaur World please interact cause I need more people who love Rider.

As usual I hope that you're all having a bloody amazing day/night/whatever time you're reading. You all better be getting enough sleep, drinking water and most of all staying positive.

That's all from me so I'll see ya later mates 😁