Day 13/14 - Hot Chocolates (Jinx x Reader)

My girl needs therapy so instead we give her a small hot chocolate date! Baby steps.

———————————————————

Despite the holiday season even warming the hearts of the undercity, there was still a high demand for technology repairs. So that's what (Y/N) was doing. Well... trying to do at least.

"Jinx please, I'm trying to work." (Y/N) complains, rubbing the bridge of her nose in frustration.

"Boring!" Jinx exclaimed, spinning around in the spare chair. "Lighten up! it's the holidays after all!"

(Y/N) rolls her eyes from underneath her welding goggles. "It may be the holidays but that doesn't mean that I don't have a shit ton of work to do."

Jinx pouts at the response and gets up from her chair. She lazily strolls over to (Y/N)'s desk and peers over the blueprints scattered across it.

Jinx's eyes skim over the paper but don't really absorb the information. "Whatcha working on?"

(Y/N) doesn't look up from her current project. "Nothing too special just basic weapon and system repairs."

Jinx looks up from the blueprint and at (Y/N) who's focused expression doesn't change. She pouts slightly and sighs."

"Will it be done faster if I help you?" Jinx offers, picking up one of the wrenches from the desk.

(Y/N) finally looks up from her work and smiles at Jinx's offer. "That'd be amazing, thank you Jinx."

Hours seem to disappear after that. The two work in perfect sync, making their way through each order and getting repairs done in record times.

(Y/N) finally leans away from her workbench, removing her goggles. "I think it's time for a break."

Jinx sighs in relief and slouches in her chair. "It's about time! I can't believe you work as much as you do and during the holidays no less."

"I gotta pay the bills somehow, Jinx." (Y/N) jokes, standing up and moving through her workshop to the attached kitchen.

Jinx of course follows her and sits on top of the counter. "Whatcha looking for?"

"Hot chocolate powder." She responds simply, opening a cupboard door to begin looking.

"Hot chocolate?!" Jinx practically jumps with joy, latching into (Y/N) from behind.

"Mhm," she hums in confirmation, continuing to rustle through her cupboards. "Had it brought down straight from Piltover. Gotta beat the cold somehow."

"From Piltover? How'd you get your hands on it?" Jinx asks, her head resting on (Y/N)'s shoulder.

(Y/N) finally withdraws from the cupboard with the desired item in hand. "Working directly for Silco definitely has its perks."

Jinx snorts at that and let's go of (Y/N), moving to sit on the counter again.

(Y/N) wastes no time in preparing the warming drinks. She hands Jinx one of the mugs and leans against the wall across from Jinx.

The two sit in comfortable silence, drinking their hot chocolates. They don't really need words, the good company is more than enough.

Taking another sip from the hot chocolate, Jinx smiles at (Y/N) "Having you here makes the holidays a little more bearable."

(Y/N) smiles in response. "Always happy to help, Powder."

———————————————————

This one isn't really very christmasy I kinda ran out of ideas with it.

As usual I hope that you're all having a bloody amazing day/night/whatever time you're reading. You all better be getting enough sleep, drinking enough water and most importantly of all, staying positive.

That's all from me so I'll see ya later mates 😁