The Deciphering of Dreams (Vex'ahlia x Reader)

I have begun the journey of watching all of the Critical Role Campaigns. This is going to take me an eternity.

———————————————————

The night was quiet, the campfire crackled softly as Vox Machina settled in for a much-needed long rest. Vex'ahlia sat beside the fire, her keen elven eyes focused on the surrounding darkness as she took the first watch. The others lay sprawled in various stages of slumber, exhaustion from their latest battles finally catching up to them.

Amongst the peaceful tranquillity, (Y/N)'s eyes fluttered open. She had been caught in a strange dream—Vex'ahlia, surrounded by a realm of swirling colours and shifting shapes, an unspoken connection that seemed to stretch beyond words. The dream was vivid, lingering even as she awoke.

Blinking away the remnants of the dream, (Y/N) noticed Vex'ahlia's silhouette by the fire.

"You're awake," Vex'ahlia's voice broke the silence, turning as she noticed the sound of movement behind her.

(Y/N) offered a sleepy smile and sat up, her voice soft in the night air. "Yeah, I had a dream."

"A bad dream?"

"Not particularly. It was more... confusing, if that makes sense?"

Vex'ahlia's lips curved into a knowing smile. "Dreams can be quite revealing sometimes."

A soft breeze stirred the air and (Y/N) found herself drawn to the fire's warm glow, keeling beside the other woman. "It was about you, actually."

Vex raised an eyebrow, intrigue lighting up her eyes as a small smirk tugged at her lips. "Oh? Do tell." she prompted in a slightly suggestive manner.

"Gods, Vex. Head out of the gutter, please."

"Sorry, darling, couldn't help it. continue."

"It was just... us. It was... strange," (Y/N) began, her gaze fixed on the dancing flames. "You were there, but it wasn't the woods, Ermon or anything familiar. It was like a whirlwind of colours and shapes, and... I couldn't make sense of it."

Vex'ahlia's expression softened, her voice carrying a sense of understanding. "Dreams can be cryptic pains in the ass sometimes."

The reader nodded, responding with a silent chuckle, the memories of the dream still vivid in her mind. "It was strange, but also... nice. Comforting." she decided on the word, leaning into Vex'ahlia beside her, eyes still fixated on the burning fire.

Vex'ahlia's fingers played with the edge of her cloak, a thoughtful look on her face. "Dreams can often be mirrors reflecting emotions we don't always recognise." she offered, wrapping her other arm around her partner.

(Y/N) shifted slightly in her hold, the firelight casting flickering shadows on her face. "Maybe... but I woke up feeling something I can't quite put into words."

Vex'ahlia's gaze held a warmth that matched the fire's glow. "You're perceptive. I'm sure you'll figure it out, love." she comforted, placing a gentle kiss atop (Y/N)'s head.

They shared a quiet moment, the night enveloping them in its embrace. The gentle sounds of nature seemed to compliment their conversation, reminding them of the world beyond their campsite. The crackling of the fire, whistling of the wind and occasional loud snoring from Grog was all that was heard between them for quite some time.

"Thank you for sharing that with me," Vex'ahlia said softly, her eyes never leaving (Y/N)'s form as she slowly drifted back to sleep.

(Y/N)'s heart fluttered, a mix of vulnerability and curiosity coursing through her veins. "Thank you for listening. Goodnight, Vex."

"Goodnight, my darling."

As the fire crackled and stars continued to shine above, Vex'ahlia held (Y/N) as she returned to a peaceful slumber. In the quiet of the darkness, they discovered a new layer to their connection—one that transcended dreams and whispered promises of a deeper understanding.

———————————————————

I have been revived for the hundredth time!!! I absolutely love The Legend of Vox Machina rn. Watched both seasons in two days and am now watching the Critical Role Campaign it's based off of. Vex is my favourite character if you couldn't tell.

As usual I hope that you're all having a bloody amazing day/night/whatever time you're reading. You all better be getting enough sleep, drinking water and most of all staying positive.

That's all from me so I'll see ya later mates 😁