Thief in the Night (Caitlyn x Reader)

———————————————————

Caitlyn's P.O.V

I was currently wasting my night stuck behind a desk at work. The sheriff had me filling in meaningless paperwork and writing reports for incidents that didn't even require them. I'm not surprised though, it was extremely rare that I got any decent work. Being a Kiramman had its perks but definitely not when it comes to being a credible enforcer. I had just finished filing the paperwork for a simple shoplifting incident when the sherif walked past.

'Kiramman, briefing room now' he ordered, walking straight past me.

I quickly put the file in my drawer and followed after him. I entered the briefing room and took a seat, a few other enforcers entering after.

'Your attention please. We've received another anonymous tip about a break in and robbery happening at the academy tonight' Marcus explains. 'Seeing as the previous tips seem to be credible, we're acting on this immediately. We, as well as other enforcers patrolling other areas, are to head to the Academy immediately and do a full search. Any questions?' He asked but no one raised their hands. 'Good, dismissed'

———————————————————

The sherif, another enforcer and myself were patrolling a hallway when we heard sounds from different rooms up ahead. Marcus held his hand up, signalling for us to stop.

'Kiramman, take the first room on the right. Jones, second on the right. I've got the left. Go'

I followed his orders, entering the rather large room in search for the cause of the noise. The room appeared to be a lab of some description. I carefully moved around the room, looking for any movement or sign of our potential thief.

'Hey there Kit-Kat' a voice suddenly speaks up.

I quickly turn around and point my rifle at the face of the person. I feel a scowl form on my face at the site of the confident smirk on the intruders face.

'It just had to be you, didn't it' I groaned, slightly lowering my weapon but still keeping it pointed at her chest.

'Afraid so love, now I would greatly appreciate if you could lower your gun' she requested with a innocent smile on her face.

'Give me one reason why I shouldn't turn you in right now' I question, pushing the end of my rifle into her chest.

'Oh come now, you're not gonna turn me in' she confidently states.

I scoff at her response. 'And why's that?'

She casually moved my rifle to the side and stepped forward. She looked up at me, the smirk never leaving her face.

'Cause you know you love me'

'I-uh-well-umm-' I splutter out, trying to form a proper sentence.

'Kiramman!' The sherif calls out from the hallway, causing me to freeze up and look to the entrance. 'Anything of notice in there?' He asks, thankfully not entering the room.

I look back at (Y/N) and she gives me a questioning look, that stupid smirk still on her face. She puts one finger in front of her lips signalling for me to keep quiet about her being there. I really should turn her in, I have no reason not to. But something about her just stops me from doing so. So like so many times before, I let her off the hook.

'Nothing in here sherif, all clear' I yell back. I give the girl one more glare before turning to leave the room.

———————————————————

I had just finished showering and had got into my pyjamas when I heard a soft tapping at my window. I pulled back the blinds and was met with that infuriating smirk once again. I open the window and she casually hops inside.

'What are you doing here!?' I whisper shout at her.

'What? Am I not allowed to visit you anymore Kit-Kat?' She asks with a laugh, taking a seat on my bed.

'Of course you're not! You're a criminal now and I'm an enforcer' I tell her, still shocked that she had come into my bedroom unannounced.

'Ouch Kit-Kat, is that all I am to you?' She asks, faking offence, holding her hand over her heart and falling backwards on my bed.

'Stop calling me that' I demanded. Moving to stand at the end of my bed, looking down at her.

'But you're so sweet, like chocolate, and Kit-Kat's are my favourite chocolate' she explains, sitting up.

I blush slightly at her reasoning. I stand there for a few more seconds, her smiling up at me slightly. I sigh and take a seat beside her.

'Of all the things you could have done with your life (Y/N), why choose to be a thief?' I ask her.

'Why'd you become an enforcer?' She counters.

'To protect and help people' I answer. 'But that doesn't answer my question-'

'Exact same reason why I became a thief Cait. Being an enforcer is all well and good, but Topside doesn't need nearly as much protection as the people down in the Undercity. And if me stealing a few things that barely anyone will miss helps families down there, why wouldn't I do it?' She explains.

'I... never thought about it like that. You're like a modern day Robin Hood hey?'

'I guess you could say that' she laughed, laying back down on the bed, me joining her a moment after.

We turned to face each other and I brought my hand out to stroke her cheek.

'You know that there were 101 better ways to help the Undercity, right?'

'Yeah I know, bit late now though' she sighed with a sad smile. She held onto my hand on her cheek and leaned into the touch. 'I've gotta go now Cait' she sighed, standing up and heading to the window.

'Wait!' I say, standing up and grabbing her hand before she leaves through the window. 'Visit again soon?' I ask.

She smiles and steps towards me again. She leans up to plant a kiss on my cheek.

'Of course Kit-Kat' she smiles before jumping out the window and disappearing into the night.

———————————————————

I've got not a lot to say other that I've fallen back in love with Harry Potter and all that jazz and Hogwarts is the only thing on my mind right now. More specifically Hermione Granger the love of my life so don't be surprised if I write a Hermione oneshot soon.

As usual I hope that you're all having a bloody amazing day/night/whatever time you're reading. You all better be getting enough sleep, drinking water and most of all staying positive.

That's all from me mates so I'll see ya later 😁