Beyond the Wall (Hilda x Frida)

I watched Hilda and the Mountain King and it was AMAZING. And due to this amazing movie I decided to write a cute oneshot for my comfort ship from the show.

Bro it took me way too long to write this. Anxiety from school goes brrrrr.

———————————————————

Hilda's P.O.V

'Twig! Get off of me!' I laugh as my favourite Deerfox in the world licks my face. Twig complied and jumped off of the bed, allowing me to sit up. 'What's got you so excited today boy?' I ask him, giving him a scratch on the head.

'I asked him to wake you up Hilda' another voice says. I look up and see Alfur waving from his home in the clock on my shelf. 'You wouldn't want to be late for your day out with Frida and David now would you'

'Of course not, can't believe I almost slept in. Thanks Alfur, thanks Twig' I smiled at the two of them before getting out of bed.

I started by heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth before getting dressed and heading out to the kitchen. When I entered the room I saw mum sitting on the couch drinking some tea while watching the TV.

'Morning mum, morning Tontu' I greet, heading to the cupboard to grab some cereal.

'Good morning Hilda. It's beautiful weather today, perfect for your day out with the others' mum smiles as I pour the milk in my cereal.

'Perfect' I smile back, sitting at the table to eat my breakfast.

'I made you some cucumber sandwiches and some peppermint tea to share, put them in your bag already'

'Thanks mum, love you' I grin, putting my bowl in the sink and giving mum a hug. 'I'm think I'm gonna head off now, I'll see you later'

'Alright then, have fun Hilda. Don't venture too far and stay together. Twig, take care of her' she directed the last bit at Twig who can a small huff in acknowledgement.

'You sure you don't want to come Alfur?' I ask the elf as I go to open the door

'I'm afraid I can't Hilda, I haven't finished the reports for the last few adventures we've had' he explained.

'Aww well that's too bad. Alright I'm off' I said, opening the door for Twig to leave before following behind him.

'Bye Hilda'

'Have a nice day'

'Stay safe'

I hear the voices of mum, Alfur and Tontu behind me.

———————————————————

'There you are' Frida greets as I approach her. 'Took you long enough'

'I'm only a few minutes late' I defend, giving her a hug. 'Know where David is?' I ask as we pull away from the hug.

'He called my house before I left, said he wasn't feeling well' she explained. 'So it's just you and me' she finished with a smile. 'And Twig of course' she corrected, bending down to pat him.

'Oh well, I hope he feels better soon. But in the meantime let's go enjoy our day out' I smile, grabbing Frida's hand as we leave through the main gate of the Trolberg wall.

The two of us giggle as we run across the vast fields surrounding the city. We keep running with no known destination, twig happily hopping along with us. We come towards a small cliff face and are met with the sight of a pack of Woffs flying off towards the mountains. I look to Frida with a smirk on my face. She must have known what I was thinking because she began to shake her head in protest. But before she could even get a word out I scooped up Twig with one hand and grabbed Frida's hand with the other, running forward a few more steps and jumping off the edge.