I Always Will (Jinx x Reader)

So I'm not dead just felt like it for a while, I'll explain more at the bottom

———————————————————

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

The soft hum of different machinery running throughout the workshop works as the perfect background noise as I focus on the new designs in front of me. Blueprints of new inventions, upgrades to weaponry as well as a few passion projects lay scattered across my desk as I look over the designs Silco had ordered me to get working on. Some boring upgrade to one of his shimmer manufacturing systems. The soft jingle of the shops front door being opened brings me out of my concentration slightly. Whoever wanted me to fix their random shit could wait, Silco's orders always come first because I don't particularly fancy dying.

'OH (Y/N)!!!' An unmistakable cheery voice calls out above the whirl of the contraptions around me.

I don't look up from my work and I can practically hear the pout on the visitors face at my lack of reaction. A small smile graces my face as my goggles start to be removed from my head.

'If I didn't know any better I would say that you're ignoring me on purpose (N/N)' the visitor says, dangling my goggles in front of me. I reach to grab them but she pulls them away making me turn in my chair to face her.

'Ignoring you? Me? I would never' I say, putting my hand over my chest to act as if I was offended. 'What can I do for you today Jinx?'

'Nothing in particular, just wanted to come by. Silco told me to take some time so I'm stuck being bored out of my mind' she explains, moving a chair next to me and taking a seat.

'Take some time? Why'd he tell you to do that?' I ask, taking my goggles back from her and placing them on my desk.

'I may or may not have almost killed one of his main connections to Piltover with a bullet through the head' she casually says, leaning against the back of her chair.

'Yikes, what made you do that?'

'It wasn't my fault!' She quickly defends. 'I was in a rotten mood and he decided to bump into me!' She explains as if that makes it acceptable.

'So you tried to shoot him?' I rhetorically ask, a slight chuckle behind my words.

'Uh duh, thought that was obvious' she laughs, spinning in her chair.

'What had you in the bad mood though?'

She stopped her chair from spinning and looked away from me, sighing a little. 'They haven't shut up all day...' she quietly says.

I already know who she's referring to. The memories of her brothers often tormented her. Clouding her judgment, making her doubt herself and making it impossible for her to focus.

'Anything in particular that they've been bothering you about?'

'Oh just the regular!' She quickly laughs. That pained, forced laugh that never brought comfort to anyone who heard it. 'Just that I'm a jinx, it was all my fault, I deserve to die, you know how it is' she lists off the horrible things that the demons of her past led her to believe. 'But enough of all that! How have you been (Y/N)?' She sits up straight, looking at me with a smile.

'You can't just change the subject like that Jinx, talk to me' I softly say, reaching forward to put a hand on her thigh.

'Talking is boring' she complains. She pulls the gun off of her belt and points it at my forehead. Any person in their right mind would react in fear to such a gesture but I've been with Jinx for long enough to know that there's no malice behind it. 'How about we just go blow some shit up instead' She suggests, making a fake pow sound as she pretends to shoot me.

'Powder we've been over this, you can't just...-'

'Urg I hate it when you call me that! Makes me feel all sad and mopey' she complains, slumping down in her chair with a sigh.

'Powder...' I softly say, bringing my hand to hold her cheek. 'Talk to me'

'Do we have to talk?' She asks, clearly not wanting to.

'Of course not. I'll never force you to open up' I reassure her, rubbing her cheek a little with my thumb. 'But we can't just shoot away all our problems'

'Yeah I know, I know... can I stay here with you tonight?' She asks, looking up at me and leaning into my hand a little.

'Of course you can- Oof' I get cut off when she jumps forward to hug me, sitting on my lap and clinging onto me like her life depends on it.

I immediately hug her back. Wrapping my arms around her and acting like a shield to protect her from everything that tries to break her. When it's just the two of us like this, we're able to finally forget about all the hardships of our shitty lives and just be. Even if it's just for these few precious moments, we're able to be happy together.

'We're never leaving each other, right?' She asks, barely above a whisper and her voice muffled from its place in the crook of my neck.

I respond by hugging her a little tighter and nuzzling my head into her hair. 'Of course'

'Promise?'

'I promise Powder, I promise. I'll never leave you, not for anything in the world'

'I love you (Y/N)'

'Love you too Powder. And I always will'

———————————————————

Yeah so I guess I should explain why I kinda disappeared for a while. School was getting to be really stressful for me, I lost motivation a bit, i was kinda tired all the time and I felt overwhelmed in general. Because of this plus other issues led me to just stop using Wattpad for a while. Now my schooling is almost done for the year and I'm feeling better so I've decided to try and write again. Sorry for disappearing without saying anything but I'm back now so hey guys.

As usual I hope that you're all having a great day, are drinking plenty of water as well as getting enough sleep (I'm talking to you Jam Bud even though it's almost midnight RN so I can't really speak)

Well that's all from me so cya later mates 😁