Truth or Dare (Max Mayfield x Reader)

I gift you Max Mayfield cause Stranger Things volume two killed me and if you watched it then you're probably dead too.

Also happy early birthday to you Coco 🥳

———————————————————

"Truth or dare?" Max asks, sitting cross legged in front of (Y/N).

"Guess I'll do dare" (Y/N) shrugs.

"I dare you to... try and pick me up" Max dares.

"How am I supposed to do that? Do you know how weak my arms are?" (Y/N) complains, hoping that Max would change the dare.

"You gotta figure it out (Y/N). A dare is a dare"

"Alright, fine. Stand up, I'm gonna pick you up bridal style" (Y/N) explains, standing up as well.

Max complies with (Y/N)'s request and stands patiently, laughing as she sees (Y/N) try to think about how she was gonna approach this. (Y/N) puts one arm just under Max's knee and the other at her lower back. Max gets the message and helps her out by jumping up a little so (Y/N) could catch her.

(Y/N) manages to keep them steady for a grand total of two seconds before her weak nerd arms betray her and they come tumbling down. The two girls are a laughing mess on the floor, until they hear the sound of (Y/N)'s mother.

"(Y/N) dear, are you ok in there?" (M/N) asks, turning the door knob. (Y/N) was so thankful she remembered to lock the door.

Both girls froze completely. The position they were in would be hard to explain to anyone, especially to (Y/N)'s mother who didn't even know Max was here.

"Yeah mom, I'm good! Just tripped when I was messing with my posters!" (Y/N) quickly lied, praying that her mother would believe it.

"Alright then. You should probably think about heading to bed now, you've still got school tomorrow remember"

"Got it mom, I will. Love you"

"Love you too sweetie" Her mother responds before walking down the hall.

The two girls can't help but let out a sigh of relief when (Y/N)'s mother's footsteps were no longer heard. The two looked away from the door and back at each other, only now realising the awkwardness of their situation. (Y/N) was laying on her back with Max laying on top of her, Max's face hovering just above (Y/N)'s.

Max can't help but sneak a glance at (Y/N)'s lips and she immediately regrets it knowing that (Y/N) had caught her in the act.

Max starts to panic.

'She probably thinks I'm a freak'

'It's not normal to think about girls this way'

'There's no way she likes me back'

'There's no way she'd kiss me'

'Wait... Kiss me?'

'Kiss me'

'Kissing me!"

'(Y/N) was kissing me!'

Through her panic, Max hadn't noticed the way (Y/N)'s breath hitched when Max glanced at her lips. Hadn't noticed the way (Y/N) glanced at hers. Hadn't noticed the way that (Y/N) had slowly leaned in until their lips finally met.

Max was in pure bliss, kissing back as soon as she realised what was happening. Max moved one of her hands to cup (Y/N)'s cheek while the other girl wrapped her arms around Max's neck. They continued to kiss until Max made the mistake of attempting to cup the other side of (Y/N)'s face, forgetting that she was using her other hand to prevent herself from falling forward.

As soon as Max's hand lifts from the ground she falls forward and knocks into (Y/N) causing both of them to pull back and rub their now sore foreheads. Max repeatedly apologies, sitting up and flailing her hands like an idiot. (Y/N) simply laughs at the girl, reaching forward and kissing Max again.

This time it was Max's turn to fall over, laying on her back as (Y/N) kissed her. Max was more than happy to kiss back.

"Hi" (Y/N) giggles when she pulls away.

"Hey" Max contently sighs, looking lovingly into (Y/N)'s eyes.

The two girls continued to lay like that, staring into each other's eyes, completely content in staying in this moment forever. Unfortunately, they did have school tomorrow and sleeping on the floor would make their backs hate them.

"You wanna cuddle?" (Y/N) suggests, standing up and offering her hand out to Max.

Max enthusiastically nods, taking (Y/N)'s hand and standing up.

The two wasted no time in getting into (Y/N)'s bed and under the covers. The two continue to lay there awkwardly before Max has a 'fuck it' moment. She reaches towards the other girl, pulling her close to her and lets her wrap her arms around her torso. (Y/N) is a little stiff at first but relaxes once she adjusts. She tightens her grip around Max's waist and snuggles her nose into her shoulder.

"Night my damsel in distress" (Y/N) jokes, earning a playful scoff from the girl in her arms.

"G'night. My hero"

———————————————————

Short little oneshot seeing as I've been dead for a hot minute.

⚠️Please read this bit⚠️

This chapter is also here to kinda promote my new book that's coming. It's a Stranger Things fic, Max Mayfield x OC book called 'My Hero'. I've got a few thousand words of it done so far and I'm aiming to finish as much of it as possible before the end of my holidays so I won't have to worry about updates as much.

This scene is a small snippet of the book that I wrote but didn't make the final cut. I wrote it cause the book is slow burn but my OC is so oblivious it was hurting me so I had to write some happy gays. Obviously it's been edited to have (Y/N) instead of the name of my OC but besides that it's mostly the same.

🥳The new book is out!🥳

As usual I hope that you're all having a bloody amazing day/night/whatever time you're reading this. You all better be getting enough sleep, drinking enough water and most of all staying positive.

That's all from me mates so I'll see ya later 😁