I got your back (Marcy x Reader)

To put it simply you were popular. You had no idea how or why but people just seemed to love you. Maybe it was because you were captain of the schools volleyball team or because you somehow got good grades without putting effort in but whatever the reason was; you were popular.

(Y/N) P.O.V
I had just finished up my Volleyball training and was now at my locker when Anne and my sister Sasha came over.

'Geez (Y/N) you take forever to get ready' Sasha complained

'It's not my fault that cheerleading and tennis practice ends 15 minutes before volleyball' I shot back

Anne just kind of stood there while me and Sasha continued to bicker like the idiot twins we are. In the end Sasha and Anne decided to leave without me, saying that I could catch up later. I wasn't complaining, it gave me a chance to make a comment about them having more 'alone time' together, which resulted in me getting a tennis racket to the back of the head from Anne.

I had finished packing up my stuff and was heading to the exit when I heard some laughing coming from another hallway and me being me couldn't help but investigate. When the scene finally came in to view my blood started to boil, standing in front of me was the rest of the volleyball team cornering another girl. I recognised her as one of my sisters friends, I had seen her around before but never really talked to her. It didn't matter if I knew her or not because no matter what the reason no one should be picked on like this. I continued forward and caught the attention of one of my team members.

'Hey guys look it's the captain, (Y/N) get a load of this loser' Melody called out, catching the attention of the rest of the team while gesturing to the other girl. God I hate Melody, thinking she's better than everyone else just cause her parents give her some extra pocket money.

'Yeah, the girl in front of me really is a loser' I say staring straight at melody. My response was met with complete silence from Melody and the team.

'I'm sorry what, I must have misheard you' Melody says trying to regain control of the situation.

'I guess your ears just have trouble hearing the truth' that got me a few snickers from the group. I smirk, this is a battle Melody can't win and she knows it.

'Are you seriously standing up for this little nerd' she laughed still trying to win over the group.

'Yeah I am, and you shouldn't judge someone before you know them, I know for a fact that 'this little nerd' is 10 times smarter than you'

'Yeah but-'

'No buts, now you're going apologise and leave her alone'

'Like that's going to happen'

'You're going to apologise and leave her alone. End. Of. Discussion' I hit her with the Trump card.

Melody Scoffed and stormed past me no doubt that she's going to make 100+ half truths about the interaction. The rest of the team was still standing there holding in there laughter.

'Oi, if I catch any of you picking on someone again you're off the team, got it?' I got a large number of rapid nods from the group. 'Now scram'

Once everyone was gone I finally turned to face the girl. My expression softening looking at her. 'I have to say she looks pretty cute'

'Are you ok?' I ask, my voice softer than before.

'Umm, yeah I g-guess, th-thank you for helping me' I can't help but smile at how cute she sounds especially with that nervous stutter.

'No prob bob, say what's your name?' I ask wanting to get to know this girl more.

'Uh I'm Marcy, Marcy Wu and your (Y/N) right Sasha's sister' while speaking she's still avoiding eye contact.

'Yup, I'm surprised that Sasha mentioned me at all'

'Yeah I've heard about you from her and the fact that you're one of the most popular people in the school means you're name is all around the place'

'Yeah yeah popularity's overrated I would much rather play videogames all day than socialise with some gossip girls'

'REALLY' she yells finally looking at me in the eyes. 'No offence but I really thought that you were more of a popular gossipy girl' she says looking away from me again.

'None taken, most people think of me that way I guess they just assume that I'm just like Sasha'

'Well if you like games then maybe we could meet up some time and play some Creatures and Caverns?'

'That sounds awesome' I say with a goofy ass smile on my face 'a slight warning though, I have no strategy in anything I do so you're pretty much guaranteed to win'

'It's fine, it will be nice to actually play with someone, Sasha and Anne never agree to play'

'Yeah sounds like a plan Marcy, I've got to get home now or Sasha will never let me hear the end of it, cya'

I walk away from Marcy and head to the exit only for her to run up next to me.

'We both need to leave the school and there's only one exit' she said answering my question before I asked it.

Once we got to the exit we headed our seperate ways.

'Jesus Christ she is so frickin cute!' I scream in my head. I laugh to myself thinking 'I'm really looking forward to getting to know you Marcy Wu'

So how was my first oneshot? I don't know if many people have actually watched Amphibia but still. This was written on my phone between me playing rocket league on my PlayStation.
Bye
😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁