• Chapter 16 •

Third Person's POV

Julia was in the tent she shared with Octavia when Clarke peeked her head in. Julia looked up from what she was doing to see what Clarke wanted.

"Octavia's not in here, if she was who you were looking for." Julia said, even though Clarke was able to see that without her having to say it.

"I know. I'm actually looking for you. We got the video link set up to the Ark and people have been going in to talk to their parents, but now Councillor Kane is asking for you." Clarke informed her.

Julia's face scrunched up in confusion. "Councillor Kane wants to talk to me?" She repeated and Clarke nodded in confirmation.

Julia was still quite confused, but got up and followed Clarke to the dropship. "It's right in there." Clarke pointed at a certain area inside, but didn't move to go any further as it was now Julia and Kane's time to talk.

"Okay, thanks Clarke." Julia spoke before entering the area and sitting down in front of the screen that showed Councillor Kane. She put the headset on and focused her attention on the screen.

"Um, hi. Clarke said you wanted to speak with me." Julia spoke. She tried not to be too awkward or to show too much anger towards him, but both attempts failed miserably.

She didn't know Kane personally, but she did know that he was the one who floated their mother after she and Octavia were discovered.

"Yes. The Council is taking turns talking to those who don't have anyone else on the Ark to speak to." Kane explained, but Julia detected that he wasn't telling the full truth. But she ignored it as she couldn't help but let her anger and resentment show as she let out a scoff-type laugh.

"And they allowed you to be one of the ones to talk to us? That's rich considering you're the reason quite a few people here have no one on the Ark to talk to. You floated my mother. You've floated countless mothers and fathers and friends. I suggest you find a different council member to take your place before someone who actually really cared about someone you floated comes in." Julia finished her rant and didn't even wait to hear his response before taking her headset off and leaving the room.

To say Julia didn't have the best relationship with her mother was an understatement. Her mother often ignored her growing up, but Julia was okay with that. It was better than the alternative when she didn't ignore her.

When Aurora Blake was in a particularly resentful mood, she would say such horrible things to Julia. Never to Bellamy, her one legal child. Never to Octavia, her first mistake but one that she loved nevertheless. Always just to Julia.

Mostly when Bellamy was out so he wouldn't have to witness everything she said to her youngest daughter, but that didn't stop Aurora from being mentally and verbally abusive to the young girl. Her own personal tragedy.

But Julia saw how much Aurora cared about her siblings and that was the only reason why Julia still stuck up for her mother, even to this day. While she didn't particularly like her mother herself, in fact she kind of hated her sometimes, she also hated when others would say or do anything against her mother.

Still seething, Julia didn't notice Bellamy nearby as she stormed out of the dropship. "Hey, hey, hey." Bellamy tried to get her attention as he stepped forward and lightly grabbed her arm.