• Chapter 32 •

Third Person's POV

Julia held her side where she was bandaged, trying to manage her pain as she ran through the forest with the others. They had only walked for a short amount of time after leaving the bunker before Finn, and therefore the rest of them, starting running. And he hadn't stopped since.

"Everyone, eyes peeled. We're in grounder territory." Bellamy warned. Julia was breathing heavily as they ran, both tired and in a great deal of pain.

"Everything is grounder territory, all right?" Murphy spoke, glancing over at Julia before he stopped running, making everyone stop, "I can't keep running. We don't even know if the guy Finn killed was telling the truth."

Finn stormed back to Murphy before shoving him forward. "Keep moving."

"We can give him a minute." Bellamy said to Finn, but he was adamant. "No, we can't. You heard what the grounder said. 'They'll outlive their usefulness''"

"I heard what he said when you had a gun to his head," Bellamy spoke, his words echoing the ones Julia had spoken to him in the bunker before Finn killed the grounder. Julia was glad her brother had listened and agreed with what she had said.

"Look, you think I wanted to do that? He would have told his people we're coming, and by the time we got there, our people would be dead. Maybe that's something you can live with, but I can't!" Finn exclaimed, shoving Bellamy away from him.

"Hey, you did what you think you had to do, but you are not yourself right now, and I can't be out here with another loose cannon." Bellamy lowered his voice at the end of his sentence but the rest of them could still hear him anyway. Murphy rolled his eyes.

Before Finn could respond, Julia noticed something on the ground past them. "Guys," she spoke and they looked towards her before following her gaze. There was a body on the ground ahead of them.

"Fall in," Bellamy ordered and they formed a line, all their weapons raised as they walked forward. Multiple corpses lined the trail. From their appearance and their clothing, Julia could tell they weren't grounders.

"Where the hell did they come from?" Finn questioned as he looked around at the bodies. "From the Ark," Bellamy answered before they continued walking down the trail. Bodies continued to line the sides, flies all around them.

The trail led out to an open area on near the edge of a cliff. The group walked up to the edge and looked over. Julia winced at what they all saw. At the bottom was a mangled, broken Ark station.

"That's a rough landing," Murphy commented.

They stared down at the crashed structure for another couple moments before Finn and Bellamy took a couple steps back away from the edge of the cliff.

"There's nothing we can do for these people. We got to go." Bellamy said before starting to walk away. Finn walked beside him, and Murphy and Julia walked behind them, Monroe and Sterling taking up the rear.

They had only gotten a few paces before the sound of a distant woman whimpering was heard. Murphy and Julia glanced at each other, both checking to see if they were the only ones that heard the sound.

"Did you hear that?" Murphy questioned before the two of them walked quickly back towards the cliff. The rest of them followed suit and they all peered over.