• Chapter 27 •

Third Person's POV

Julia's eyes started fluttering open as she slowly gained consciousness.

Pain was the first thing she noticed as she gained consciousness. Her abdomen was throbbing and had a blinding pain that caused Julia to groan as soon as she felt it. She felt like sobbing, it hurt so badly. The worst pain she had ever felt before.

The other thing she noticed was that it was bright on the other side of her eyelids and that she felt like she was moving.

Julia opened her eyes and saw that it was day and that she could see Murphy's face. She groggily glanced around her and noticed that Murphy was carrying her through the forest. He was limping as he had been stabbed in the leg, but he was still managing to carry Julia through sheer power of will.

When she lost consciousness, the thing she remembered was that she had just been stabbed, it was night, and that she and Murphy had been tied to trees.

Murphy glanced down at her after hearing her groan, realizing she was awake. A wave of relief washed over his face.

"Hey, Jules. How are you feeling?" Murphy asked her. "Like I've been stabbed. Where are we? What happened?" Julia questioned, effort clear in her voice as it hurt just to speak, not understanding how they got into the situation she woke up to.

"The grounder guarding us left last night after an explosion at camp killed all the grounders. I managed to get free and now we're heading back to the dropship because we need Clarke." Murphy explained.

Julia was relieved to hear that they managed to kill the grounders by, assumingely, firing the rockets on the dropship and frying them. She hoped that meant that they would still have people alive at their camp. That Bellamy and Octavia and Finn and the others were alive.

That's when they got to camp. Both Murphy and Julia couldn't help but stare at the surroundings of the camp. Everything was burnt to a crisp. Ashes covered the ground and there were multiple sets of charred human bones around the dropship.

They stood there in shock for a moment before Murphy noticed the grounder that had tortured them and stabbed Julia walk into the dropship.

Murphy felt his blood boil. All he wanted to do was to go over and rip the grounder apart. Make him feel every bit the pain he caused Murphy and, more importantly to him, Julia.

But Julia was in his arms and before he could even move, a gunshot went off from inside. Murphy limped forward with Julia in his arms. He walked into the dropship to be met with the the grounder dead on the floor and Raven also on the floor, pointing a gun at them.

Seeing Murphy made Raven want to shoot, but as soon as she law Julia in his arms, she lowered the gun.

"Where's Clarke?" Murphy demanded before elaborating for Raven. "Julia's been stabbed."

"What?" Raven's eyes went wide with shock. "Clarke's not here. I don't know where she is. I don't know where anyone is."

"Then we'll have to go somewhere else." Murphy said, starting to turn around to the exit of the dropship.

Julia was having trouble holding in her tears. "Where? Where would we go? I don't want to die in some random place in the forest. Let's just stay here." She said to Murphy.