• Chapter 23 •

Third Person's POV

Soon after, Raven came back to get Jasper as she had been able to pop the paneling to get into the area underneath the floor of the dropship.

Julia stayed with Octavia, still just staring at the dropship door and waiting. The waiting was killing her.

Suddenly, a gunshot sounded from inside the dropship. Julia's heart dropped as she quickly picked up the radio.

"Bellamy? Bellamy! Are you okay? Bellamy, do you copy?" Julia shouted through the radio. She knew chances were that Murphy had the walkie-talkie, not Bellamy, but she still was desperate to try and get any sort of response from her brother. She just had to know that he was alive. That he was okay.

"I'm fine. Just a misfire. Now stop worrying about me and get back to work, all of you... and tell Raven to hurry her ass up." Bellamy's voice responded through the radio. Relief flowed through Julia and Octavia at his words. But the fact that he wanted Raven to hurry also worried them.

Julia hated not knowing what was happening inside the dropship. And she hated feeling helpless.

~~~

Another few minutes passed before another shot sounded from inside. "No." Octavia whispered, her eyes wide.

"Murphy! Please tell us you didn't just shoot Bellamy! I'm begging you, please!" Julia started shouting, desperate to know if her brother was alive.

Inside, Murphy hesitated. He could hear the fear and desperation in her voice and he hated that he was causing it.

"I didn't shoot Bellamy!" He shouted back and Julia let out a sigh of relief. She had no poof that he was telling the truth, but despite everything, her gut still told her to trust him.

~~~

More minutes passed. Julia was too impatient for this, but there was nothing she could do.

Her attention was caught again when the sounds of multiple shots being fired echoed from inside the dropship. She tried to reason that it probably wasn't Murphy shooting Bellamy because of how many shots went off, but also, Murphy did have a tendency to be dramatic, so she wasn't fully sure.

Octavia and Julia shared a frightened glance, and Julia started pacing as Jasper ran over to them. She didn't think Murphy would answer again, so they had no way of knowing. She had never felt anything worse than the feeling of not knowing if her brother was alive or not.

Suddenly, the dropship door opened and she heard Jasper shout, "Raven, you did it!"

Jasper, along with many others in the crowd, raised their guns and aimed it at the dropship door in case Murphy tried to make a run for it.

As soon as the ramp hit the ground, Julia sprinted inside. The others took a little more time, being more cautious, but Julia still honestly believed that Murphy wouldn't hurt her, so she wasn't scared to run in.

When she entered, out of the corner of her eye she noticed Murphy close the hatch to the next level of the drop ship, having just climbed up there.

The main thing that caught her eye, however, was Bellamy. He was suspended in the air, a noose around his neck. He wasn't even struggling, just hanging there. Julia almost couldn't believe her eyes. It was like her worst nightmare was coming true.

Quickly, she ran over to him and grabbed his legs, pushing up to get the noose to loosen around his neck.

"Jasper, Octavia, get in here! Help!" Julia shouted, panic clear in her voice. The two entered the room and Jasper ran over to help Julia hold Bellamy up, while Octavia ran over to try and undo the strap that was holding him up.