• Chapter 22 •

Third Person's POV

The group was back at camp, but missing one member. Monty had never been found, so they were forced to return without him. It was still night.

"Come on. These foxholes aren't gonna build themselves." Bellamy said to some of the hundred before walking over to Raven, Jasper, and Julia who were working on the landmines.

"Better hope those landmines work. All the gunpowder we're wasting, we could be making more grenades." Bellamy said to Raven.

"You want to come over here and test one?" Raven responded, but Bellamy wasn't in the mood for any type of joke.

"Cute. I need this entire section mined by morning. Then you finish the south field." Bellamy said before starting to walk away. Raven and Julia were quick to jump up and run after him, making him stop.

"I told you, we're going after Finn, Clarke, and Monty in the morning." Raven spoke.

"And I told you, nobody leaves this camp." Bellamy replied and Julia crossed her arms defiantly.

"And I've told you, we don't give a crap. We're not leaving Finn out there." Julia told him.

"We can't just abandon our people. You want to lead them, show them you give a damn." Raven said, agreeing with Julia.

Bellamy turned his body to face them completely as he was about to answer. But before he could, a gunshot went off. There were murmurs around camp as Bellamy jogged up to the guy whose gun went off.

"Hey, what the hell is the matter with you?" Bellamy demanded. "I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day." Sterling said and Bellamy grabbed the collar of his jacket, shoving him against the tree.

"We've all been on watch all day! That bullet was one less dead grounder." Bellamy told the guy angrily.

"Bell, you're scaring people." Octavia spoke up and Bellamy glanced over at her. "They should be scared!" Bellamy let go of Sterling and turned to face the crowd that had gathered.

"The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive!" Bellamy was breathing heavily before he turned away. "Get back to work!"

~~~

It was a little bit later and Bellamy was fetching water for Myles. Julia was at the water station when he approached.

After a few moments of tense silence as Bellamy filled up the cup, he turned to his sister. "Don't you think I want to go after them too?"

"I think that if it was the other way around, there's no way Clarke, Finn, or Monty would still be here." Julia responded, her arms crossed.

"You're right, they'd go after me. Then they'd be dead too. I am doing what I think is right for the group." Bellamy told her.

"If it was Octavia or I, would you come after us?" Julia questioned and Bellamy sighed. "You know I would."

"Because we're family?" She questioned and Bellamy nodded.