• Chapter 2 •

Third Person's POV

After a little while, things had calmed down a bit. Julia was standing with Murphy and his group when they noticed Jasper being grabbed and shoved away from Clarke by Wells.

Murphy walked forward towards them, Julia at his side and his group following behind them.

"Hey, hey, hey. Hands off of him. He's with us." Murphy spoke and Wells put his hands up.

"Relax. We're just trying to figure out where we are." Wells responded and Julia noticed Clarke was looking down at a map.

"We're on the ground. That not good enough for you?" Julia and the rest of them looked over to see it was Bellamy who spoke. Octavia stood next to him.

Wells sighed quietly before turning his body to face Bellamy instead of Murphy and Julia.

"We need to find Mount Weather. You heard my father's message. That has to be our first priority." Wells spoke, walking forward a few steps.

"None of us give a damn what your father told us to do." Julia spoke up, crossing her arms. Wells glanced over at her before looking back at Bellamy and Octavia.

"What, you think you're in charge here, you and your little princess?" Octavia questioned, tilting her head as she smirked slightly.

"Do you think we care who's in charge? We need to get to Mount Weather, not because the chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the hardest this'll be.

"How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a 20-mile trek, okay? So if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave now." Clarke finished her speech.

"I got a better idea. You two go, find it for us. Let the privileged do the hard work for a change." Bellamy suggested and there was a chorus of "yeah"s from the crowd.

"You're not listening. We all need to go." Wells spoke, but was cut off when Murphy came up from behind and shoved him.

"Look at this everyone – the chancellor of Earth." Murphy spoke and people laughed.

"Think that's funny?" Wells questioned and Murphy kicked his leg, making Wells fall back on the ground.

"Wells," Clark said and tried to move to him, but was held back by a member of Murphy's group.

"No, but that was." Murphy said in response to Wells question. Wells got up off the ground, his hands up to fight, limping because of his leg.

"All right." Murphy said before faking him out with a punch. The crowd cheered Murphy on, but the fight never happened because Finn dropped down from the side of the ship, landing between Wells and Murphy, facing the latter. Julia had to admit, the way he dropped down between them was pretty cool.

"Kid's got one leg. How about you wait until it's a fair fight?" Finn spoke and Murphy backed off a little.

"Hey, spacewalker, rescue me next." Octavia sauntered up to Finn, dissolving the tension as everyone laughed. Murphy turned and went off with his group as everyone separated and went back to doing their own things.