• Chapter 20 •

Third Person's POV

Hammocks were set up in the drop ship. Murphy was laying in one and Julia was in the one next to his. The girl was still unconscious, but she was breathing and hadn't coughed or puked up any blood recently. It had been a while since Julia went unconscious and more people were still getting sick.

Two people had just carried another body outside and Clarke had gone out after them. It was quiet, like normal, for a few moments until suddenly there was an uproar outside. Like a riot.

Clarke came back inside and grabbed a gun before going outside and shooting into the air. The loud bangs of the gunshots managed to wake Julia up.

She opened her eyes, disoriented and confused. She did notice, however, that she felt better than she did before. Murphy looked over and couldn't help but smile in relief when he saw that she was awake.

"Hey, Jules. How are you doing?" He asked her. She glanced over at him as she took in her surroundings. "I feel better." She answered and he nodded. "Good, I'm glad. I do too."

Julia didn't get to say anything more because that's when Finn walked into the drop ship with Clarke in his arms.

"What do I have to do to stop you from coming in here?" Clarke asked him as she breathed raggedly. "Get better." Finn answered as he looked around for a place for the girl in his arms.

Murphy saw this and moved to get off his hammock. "If he's not sick by now, then he's probably immune like me." Octavia, who had followed Finn in, told Clarke.

"Here. Come on. She can take mine." Murphy offered his hammock to Clarke and moved to sit on the floor by Julia's hammock.

"What else did Lincoln tell you?" Finn asked Octavia. "The virus doesn't last long." Octavia answered.

"It's true. I feel better." Murphy said and they glanced over at him and Julia. "I do too." Julia agreed as other people coughed.

"They need to stay hydrated." Clarke went to move, but Finn kept her in the hammock. "You need to stay hydrated." He corrected as Octavia brought her some water.

"Okay, them too. Please?" Clarke asked, but Finn didn't want to leave her side. "It's okay. I'll do it. Just rest." Octavia told them and went to get more water.

"I'll help you." Murphy said to Octavia, getting up off the floor to join her. "Me too." Julia said, getting off her hammock and going to join Murphy and her sister.

Octavia pulled Julia into a hug when Julia got to her. "I'm so glad you're feeling better, little sister." Octavia told her and she smiled. "Thanks, O."

Then Octavia pulled back so they could all work on getting water for the people who were still sick.

A few minutes later, Julia and Octavia were helping people drink when Murphy walked over to Finn and Clarke. "Look. At this rate, when the grounders get here, there won't be anyone left to fight back." Murphy spoke.

"That's the point." Octavia said and they glanced over at her. "Wait, I think I missed something... the grounders are coming here?" Julia asked them.

"They're attacking at first light." Octavia answered as Murphy nodded. "Great." Julia said sarcastically. Just one thing after another since they'd gotten to the ground.