• Chapter 7 •

Third Person's POV

The next morning, when Julia and Murphy went back into the main part of the camp, they were met with news that Wells had been killed by grounders during the night while on watch.

Julia felt bad for Wells, but she hadn't ever had any pleasant experiences with him, so she wasn't very upset or anything.

Then the two of them just started working around the camp. Everyone was, trying to build walls and protections for the camp.

Murphy was in charge over overseeing the work while Julia was put on one of the easiest jobs, which was simply wrapping rope around wooden planks to keep them together. She was working with Charlotte.

She and Charlotte had been having a casual conversation when Murphy's voice distracted her. He was walking towards Jones, who had collapsed while carrying one of the logs. He was tired. The people doing the manual work all were.

"Hey! You think the grounders are just gonna sit around and wait for us to finish the wall? Maybe we should let the little girl do the lifting for you, huh?" Murphy spoke loudly, embarrassing the other guy.

"I just need some water, okay? Then I'll be fine." Jones responded and Murphy's face contorted into a sarcastic smile as Bellamy walked over.

"Murphy, get this guy some water." Bellamy instructed him before looking over at his sister and the young girl. "Hey, you got this?" He asked Charlotte, who quickly walked forward and bent down towards the log.

Bellamy and Julia shared a smile as he stopped her. "I'm just kidding." He told the young girl, smiling at her. Charlotte smiled before moving back towards Julia. Then Bellamy picked up the log over his shoulder and finished Jones' job.

Julia smiled to herself as she went back to her job. That's the way Bellamy always was growing up: playful and kind. She had missed that while in the Sky Box. She had missed him.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden shout from Jones. "Uhh! What the hell is wrong with you, Murphy?" Jones shouted, scurrying away from where Murphy had been peeing on him.

Jonas jumped up and shoved Murphy. He only got that one shove in before Murphy's followers pushed him back away from him. "I'll kill you!" Jones screamed at him.

"You wanted a water break." Murphy said simply before glancing over at Julia, who was shaking her head at him with an unamused look on her face.

The unamused look on her face just amused Murphy more and a smirk grew on his face. Then his expression got hard again as he looked away from her and back at the workers. "Get back to work." He ordered them.

Sometimes it amazed her the difference in Murphy. With her, sometimes he could actually be nice and kind, albeit flirtatious and cheeky.

With everyone else, he was just kind of an ass. But even despite that, Julia found herself always wanting to be around him, she couldn't help it.

~~~

It was later in the day and everyone was getting tired and thirsty. Murphy was standing next to the water jug when Julia walked over.

"Hey, Murphy. How's it going?" She asked as she filled up one of the cups of water. "Everyone's too slow. This section should be up by now." Murphy answered, looking around distastefully as she took a sip of the water.

Before she could respond, Murphy spoke again. "Have you seen my knife? I had it yesterday, but I put it down when we got back to camp and I haven't seen it since."

Julia shook her head and was about to respond when another guy walked over to grab a cup of water. As soon as it was filled, Murphy slapped it out of his hand. "No water till this section is up!" Murphy shouted at him.