• Chapter 28 •

Third Person's POV

Bellamy and Finn led Kane, Abby, and a small group of guards towards the dropship. When they were getting close, Bellamy hung back to walk beside Kane.

"You can't tell her." Bellamy spoke up and Kane furrowed his eyebrows as he looked down at the younger man. "What?" He questioned.

"Julia. If we find her, you can't tell her that you're her father. She can't know." Bellamy elaborated and Kane shot him a confused and defensive glance as they continued walking.

"Why?" Kane demanded and Bellamy scoffed. "You know why. You know who you are and what you've done. Julia doesn't deserve to have that burden on her shoulders."

Kane tried not to let Bellamy's words affect him, but it was hard not to. Julia was the only family Kane had left since his mother was killed. He had spent his life going against his mother's beliefs and constantly disappointed her, he didn't want to disappoint his daughter too.

Concealing the emotions that he was troubled with, Kane just looked forward as he spoke. "It's going to be hard for her not to find out. People know now. It's not just you and me." Kane told Bellamy, whose eyes widened at the revelation.

"What?" Bellamy couldn't believe what he was hearing. "After Julia was sent to the ground, there was no reason to hide it anymore. I wasn't planning on telling everyone – and to this day most people still don't know– but a lot of things changed since you guys were sent down. So if she doesn't hear it from you or me first, she might hear it from someone else." Kane explained.

"Great." Bellamy muttered sarcastically. Since the days his sisters were born, the only goal Bellamy had was to protect them. He wanted to protect Julia from the truth, but it seemed as if that would no longer be possible.

"And it's when we find her, not if." Kane spoke before picking up his pace and moving up to walk with Finn instead of Bellamy, leaving the oldest Blake slightly dumbfounded.

~~~

Back in the dropship, Julia was having trouble not passing out again. The urge to just let go and succumb to the darkness was strong, but the girl was worried that if she passed out, she wouldn't wake up again.

She was getting paler from the lack of blood, despite the makeshift bandage that Murphy had tied around her wound, and her eyes were drooping. These are both things that Murphy noticed and scared the hell out of him.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stay with me here, Jules. Don't close your eyes." Murphy murmured to the girl in his arms. Julia looked up at him with tired eyes, but found the strength to whisper back to him. "I'm trying."

"I know you are. I know. Just don't give up. I need you, Julia. You're the only one who ever saw any good in me. You made me want to be good. I-I can't imagine a world without you in it." Murphy admitted, tears welling up in his eyes.

Seeing tears in Murphy's eyes and hearing his words made Julia cry, unable to hold tears back anymore. Her tears slipped out of the corners of her eyes and dripped back to the sides of her head because of the angle she was laying at.

Julia wanted to respond to Murphy's words – there were so many things she wanted to say to him – but she just couldn't find the strength. Instead she just leaned her head to the side, pressing her cheek against his arm as she continued laying in his lap.