• Chapter 18 •

Third Person's POV

After they had gotten back to camp the night before, everyone saw as the Exodus ship came down early. But it came in too fast and without a parachute and it crashed.

Now, Bellamy, Clarke, Raven, Finn, and most of the leaders of the camp were checking out the wreckage. Julia chose to stay behind. She felt no need to go out so far again so soon after what had happened the night before.

It was nighttime and they were supposed to be back by now. Julia was worried for them. She was beyond pissed at her brother – it was one thing after the other with him: hanging Murphy, saying that his life ended the day his sisters were born, and then what happened at the peace meeting with the grounders – but she didn't want him to get hurt. And she especially didn't want Finn or even Raven or Clarke to get hurt.

Julia wasn't really paying attention to much except her thoughts until she heard clattering outside of camp.

"Somebody hit the tripwire!" Conner shouted and there were more shouts from the crowd. Julia immediately jumped to her feet and ran over to her sister who was by the lookout.

"Do you see anything?" A guy asked the lookouts. "There! There!" Derek shouted and fired some shots out into the woods near the figure he had seen.

"I think I got him." Derek said after he was finished shooting. Julia had hoped it was Lincoln until he said that. She did not want to see Lincoln get hurt again.

"Let's go." Conner said and a group of them started heading towards the gate. "Lincoln." Octavia whispered before the sisters rushed to join the group.

Octavia and Julia pushed to the head of the group as they went to investigate. "Octavia, Julia, be careful." Conner said as they approached the tree the person was behind.

It was a guy – not Lincoln, that much Julia could tell – and he was laying on his stomach on the ground, facing away from them. Octavia bent down and had just barely touched his shoulder when the guy shot up and scrambled away from them a little ways.

Now, they were able to see the guy's face and Julia couldn't believe what she saw. It was Murphy, but he was covered in slashes and scrapes and bruises and blood. He looked as though he'd been tortured.

Julia was in shock, both from just seeing Murphy and seeing what state he was in. "Oh, my God. Murphy?" Julia managed to speak before rushing to his side.

She took one of his arms and moved it over her shoulders so she could support him as she tried to help him up. "You're safe now, Murphy. I'm not going to let anything more happen to you."

Conner and Derek moved to help Murphy and then the three of them took him inside the camp and to the drop ship.

They sat Murphy against the wall and Julia wanted to talk to him, but Derek and Conner were there guarding him and there were so many people gathered around. So instead, she just sat beside him in silence. That is, until Bellamy and the group returned.

"Where is he?" Bellamy demanded as he, Clarke, and Finn entered the drop ship. Bellamy stopped when he saw him, hate filling his eyes.

"Everyone but Conner and Derek out, now!" Bellamy ordered and everyone left except him, Conner, Derek, Clarke, Finn, and Julia.

"You too, Julia. Get out." Bellamy ordered, but she just glared at him. "No way. I'm not leaving him. Ever."

"He claims he was with the grounders." Derek told Bellamy after a few moments of silence of Julia and Bellamy just glaring at each other.