• Chapter 24 •

Third Person's POV

Raven screamed as a red-hot knife was pressed against her wound. Finn, Julia, and Bellamy watched as Clarke retracted the knife, placing it on a metal tray. "That'll stop the external bleeding." Clarke told them.

"I don't understand. How did Murphy get a gun?" Finn asked and Julia was kind of offended when both he and Clarke looked at her. She was about to stand up for herself, but Bellamy beat her to it.

"It wasn't Julia. But it is a long story." Bellamy said and Finn nodded. He was relieved it wasn't her that gave Murphy the gun that shot Raven.

"We got lucky. If Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of me, we'd all be dead." Raven explained.

"Wait, there's rocket fuel down there? Enough to build a bomb?" Clarke asked her and Raven nodded. "Enough to build a hundred bombs, if we had any gunpower left."

"Let's get back to the Reapers. Maybe they'll help us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?" Bellamy suggested. "Not this enemy. We saw them. Trust me, it's not an option." Clarke responded.

"There's no time for this. Can she walk or not?" Finn asked. "No. We have to carry her." Clarke answered.

"The hell you will. I'm good to go." Raven said, trying to sit up, but Clarke stopped her.

"Hey, listen to me. That bullet is still inside you. If by some miracle, there's no internal bleeding, it might hold until we get somewhere safe. But you are not walking there. Is that clear?" Clarke asked and Raven nodded, though Julia could see how much she hated that Clarke was right.

"I'll get the stretcher." Finn said and started to walk away. Bellamy couldn't keep his mouth shut. "Can't run away fast enough, huh? Real brave."

Finn walked back to them. "Dying in a fight you can't win isn't brave, Bellamy. It's stupid." Finn said and Bellamy crossed beside the table over to him.

"Spoken like every coward who's ever run from a fight." Bellamy said and the two boys stood off against each other.

Without intervention, Julia was worried they'd start fighting, so she moved to step between them. "Come on, guys. That's enough." Julia said and the boys just narrowed their eyes at each other.

"Seriously, we have bigger issues right now than your egos." Julia added on, rolling her eyes. Bellamy and Finn glanced down at her and then backed off, realizing she was right.

"It's time to go." Clarke told them and they turned to look at her. "If they follow? It's a 120-mile walk to the ocean." Bellamy spoke.

"Look, we're wasting time. If he wants to stay, he can stay." Finn told Clarke before walking towards the dropship entrance.

"No, he can't." Clarke argued, but Finn wasn't listening. He stormed off, going to get Raven a stretcher. Julia just sighed and followed him out of the dropship.

~~~

It wasn't long before the entire group was heading out the gates of the camp. Some gunners went first, followed by Octavia and then more of the group. Finn was one of the two guys carrying the stretcher with Raven on it, no surprise there.