• Chapter 4 •

Third Person's POV

The group had only been walking for a few minutes and Julia ended up walking in the area between where Clarke and Wells were walking side-by-side ahead of her and where Bellamy and Murphy were walking side-by-side behind her.

Clarke and Wells were walking really fast, but her brother and best friend were taking their good old time.

"Hey, hold up. What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart." Bellamy spoke after a few minutes as he and Murphy caught up. He was waving his gun around as he spoke.

"Put the gun away, Bellamy." Wells said and Murphy immediately shoved him. "Well, why don't you do something about it, huh?"

"Jasper screamed when they moved him. If the spear struck his heart, he'd have died instantly. It doesn't mean we have time to waste." Clarke explained, interrupting the conflict between Wells and Murphy.

"As soon as you take this wristband off, we can go." Bellamy said, grabbing Clarke's wrist. She yanked her arm out of his grasp. "The only way the Ark is gonna think I'm dead is if I'm dead. Got it?" Clarke got up in Bellamy's face.

"Brave princess." Bellamy spoke mockingly, but before he could think of doing anything else to get her wristband, Finn appeared and walked up to the group.

"Hey, why don't you find your own nickname? You call this a rescue party? Got to split up, cover more ground. Clarke, come with me." Finn told them and Clarke quickly walked off with him.

Then Bellamy walked with Wells while Murphy and Julia walked together. All three pairs were within seeing distance of each other.

Julia was taking in all the sights as she and Murphy walked along. As worried as she was for Jasper, she couldn't help but still be amazed by everything they saw.

"I still can't believe we're actually here, Murphy. Earth. I still sometimes think I'm gonna wake up in my cell back on the Ark. That this is all a dream." Julia admitted to him.

"Believe it, Jules. We're here and we're not under the control of the chancellor or the council anymore. We're free." Murphy said, glancing over at the girl to find her smiling sadly at the ground.

"Yeah." Julia's voice was sad, thinking of what Clarke told them about the Ark.

"Hey," Murphy stopped walking and grabbed the side of her shoulder, squeezing it lightly, which made her stop walking and look up at him.

"That's a good thing." He spoke softer than he normally would, trying to convince her.

"My whole life, I've been locked up one way or another. Being here – being on Earth – it's a dream come true because, like you said, we're free. I'm absolutely ecstatic to be here, and I know it's a good thing. I do." Julia told hims

Although Murphy could see she meant every word she said, he could also see there was something she wasn't saying. Something that was saddening her. He just didn't know what.

Julia didn't want to bring up the fact that she regretted taking off her wristband. That she felt guilty and absolutely horrible for doing so because of what it meant for the Ark.

She knew that Murphy was a big supporter of taking off the wristbands and that he wouldn't understand, so she chose not to tell him.