• Chapter 8 •

Third Person's POV

Murphy was angry. He was in the front of the crowd gathered in front of the main tent, where Clarke, Finn, Bellamy, and Charlotte were all talking.

"Bring out the girl, Bellamy!" Murphy shouted, pacing in front of the group. Julia stood in front of the crowd, but behind where Murphy was standing. She chewed her lip nervously as she watched her fuming friend.

"Bring the girl out now!" Murphy shouted louder, but nothing happened. "You want to build a society, Princess? Let's build a society. Bring her out."

It was another few moments before Bellamy exited the tent alone. "Well, well, well. Look who decided to join us." Murphy spoke, walking up to meet him halfway.

"Dial it down and back off." Bellamy ordered, but Murphy didn't back down. "Or what? What are you gonna do about me? Hang me?"

"I was just giving the people what they wanted." Bellamy explained and Murphy nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, that's a good idea. Why don't we do that right now?"

Murphy turned to the crowd. "So, who here wants to see the real murderer hung up? All in favour?" Murphy raised his hand and waited to see what the crowd would do.

Only his group of friends and followers raised their hands. Murphy looked around before locking eyes with Julia, whose hands were most definitely not in the air.

"I see. So, it's okay to string me up for nothing, but when this little bitch confesses, you all let her walk? Cowards! All of you are cowards!" Murphy shouted at the crowd.

"Hey, Murphy! Murphy!" Bellamy exclaimed, grabbing his attention again. "It's over." He told him. "Whatever you say, boss." Murphy seemed to back off.

Bellamy turned to walk back to his tent and when he did so, Murphy quickly grabbed a log off the ground before whacking Bellamy over the head with it.

Bellamy crumpled to the ground as Julia flinched. She felt absolutely betrayed and infuriated at her brother's actions, but she still never wanted to see him hurt.

"Son of a bitch! Hey!" Octavia tried to lunge towards Murphy, but Jasper held her back. Then, Murphy turned and punched Jasper, knocking him to the floor.

"Come on. Let's get the girl." Murphy spoke to his followers that raised their hands. He walked over to the tent and looked inside to find it empty.

"Charlotte! Charlotte, I know you can hear me! And when I find you, you are gonna pay!" Murphy shouted loudly.

"First, you're coming with me." Julia spoke up as she walked over and grabbed Murphy's arm, pulling him a little bit away from the group for a little privacy.

When they stopped, Julia spoke up. "Murphy, I didn't agree with them hanging you. And if going after Charlotte is what you feel you have to do, I can't stop you. But I don't agree with hurting anyone – let alone a child –, so I can't be part of this."

She knew, chances were, that this would anger Murphy. That it might make him feel betrayed. But Julia knew that hurting a child was a line she could never cross.

To her surprise, instead of getting angry, Murphy pulled her into a hug. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders tightly and buried his face in her hair.