Ch. 1: The First Time We Met

Hello, everyone!

   Welcome to the third installment of the Eternal Love series! Forever & Ever is not a stand alone. Please read Always & Forever (book 1) and Until Whenever (book 2) before you start reading this one as things won't make sense and there will be spoilers for the previous two books. This book will involve many supernatural concepts. The song inspiration for this book will be Nobody Else by Monsta X. I will be basing the book a bit on the Chinese drama, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, and will be referencing Taoism/Daoism's version of heaven not the Korean one as I am not familiar with it.  Feel free to ask questions. Anyhow, let's get this 'show' on the road!

Always and Forever,

AsSoftAsYoongi

---------------------------------------

Hyunwoo

"Father, can we go now," I asked as I tugged on my father's clothes as I strained my neck to look up at him.

"Hyunwoo ah, your father is talking to his friend that he hasn't seen in a while. It won't be much longer," he pauses his conversation with the Dragon King of the West to tell me. I rolled my eyes at him before crossing my arms and pouting. He looks at me with a slightly stern look before saying, "Go play in the garden over there. I'll come get you when I'm finished, okay?"

"Fine," I said before bowing to my father the God of War and the Dragon King of the West, taking three steps backward, and then turning around. Next, I made my way into the garden nearby. As I walked on one of the many paths in the garden, I absentmindedly kicked a rock off the path into a bush. From that bush, a dozen of glowing blue winged butterflies flew out of it and into the sky.

I thought that it was going to fly away or go to some other plant to eat. But, it flews toward the center of the garden. Curious, I followed them. Soon enough, they flew over to a pergola where there was a lady dressed to the nines with a baby and three kids that seemed to be around my age if not plus or minus a few thousand years along with a couple of maidservants. I quickly hid behind one of the trees and peered around it to look at them.

"Mother, look. Butterflies. He attracted butterflies," the tallest kid presumably the oldest says excitedly as he held his hand up to touch one but the one nearest him avoided his hand. It in turn flies over to the baby and lands on top of his baby cradle.

"They're so pretty," the girl exclaims but then says with a gasp, "But, not as much as my baby brother."

"Boys aren't pretty. They are handsome," the shorter boy huffs. In the next second, the girl and the shorter boy started to argue while the lady shakes her head at them in good-naturedly way as she gently rocked the baby cradle back and forth. Soon enough, their voices were loud enough to wake up the baby and the baby started to cry loudly.

"Oh my! Seohyun and Woohyun, cut it out. You made your brother cry," the lady says as she picked up the baby from his cradle. Strangely, I felt the urge to go over there and comfort him despite not knowing who he is. The butterflies that had gathered around him fly off to the skies when the baby started to cry.

"Let me hold him, mother. I'll calm him down," the presumably oldest says calmly and holds out his arms.

"No, me! I am at fault. I made him cry," the girl shouts and holds out her arms eagerly.

"Nuh uh! Me, mother! I'll do it better than them," the short boy says loudly as he waves his arms in the air for his mother to give him his little brother. The mother laughs so methodically that the birds in the vicinity started to sing in response.

"Okay but be careful. You don't want to hurt your baby brother now, do you," she asks as the maidservants giggle softly. The three siblings nodded and moved closer as they held their arms out. The mother gives the baby to the presumably oldest first to the other two's dismay.

The taller boy gently rocks the baby in his arms and starts to hum a song that reminded me of a lullaby. The other siblings gathered around the taller boy and looked at the baby with adoring eyes. But, the baby is still crying. The other two siblings started to make funny faces at the baby in hopes of changing the baby's mood.

A minute later or so later, the baby started to laugh and made grabby hands at his older siblings. The three uwued and cooed at their little brother. I found myself smiling at this sight. "Hyunwoo," my father shouts from somewhere behind me.

Just as I was about to respond, a red thread appears around my pinky and extends toward the pergola. Confused, I looked up to see it wrap around the baby's. What the hell is this? "Hyunwoo," my father shouts again but it sounds a bit louder than the one earlier. In the next second, the thread disappears just as quickly as it had appeared.

"I'm coming," I said using telepathy in order to not be found out as I ran back to my dad.

That was the first time I met you.

A/N: Immortal beings age differently as time flows differently in the non human realms and due to the fact that they are immortals. So, even if they are like 1000s of years old, their bodies will not reflect it unlike how human bodies age every year.  In this chapter, Hyunwoo looks like how a seven year human kid, Kihyun is a newborn baby, Jinhyun (the eldest sibling) looks like he is a nine year old human kid, Seohyun (the second eldest) looks like she is a six year old human child, and Woohyun (the third eldest)  looks like a five year old human child. Idk if Koreans name their kids with similar names/a common character like Chinese people do but that is why the Yoo siblings' names all end in -hyun. I'm Chinese btw.