Ch. 27: Sword Dance (Part 2)

Kihyun

He gets up and pulls out his sword from his sheath before tossing the sheath to the ground. "No laughing, okay," he asks me after getting into position. 

"Promise," I chuckled before pausing as I realized that I just laughed. "Oops, starting now," I smiled before pretending to seal my lips and throwing away the key. He rolled his eyes at me before taking a deep breath and started to dance. I always knew that he was a skilled swordsman but I have never seen him move like a dancer.

I found myself watching every single move like I was in a trance. The facial expression that he had on took the cake though. It was similar to how he looked when he was fighting but he is more charismatic here. Each move was graceful and calculated. No movement was misused. There was no mistakes. At least, there weren't any that I had noticed. 

Slowly, I began to picture him wearing a more fancy and flowy hanbeok while performing this dance and me dancing along with him in tandem. Ah, how wonderful would it be if that were true? Wait a second...what am I doing? These feelings... these thoughts...I must quell them. I don't want them to ruin what we have. 

"Was I really that bad," he asks after tapping me between my eyebrows with that boy next door smile of his that I know and love.

"Ah, no. I mean you were good. I was just worried about how I am going to do this for Father Emperor. What if I mess up in front of everyone," I lied as I laughed to disguise that I was. 

"...oh, I can help you if you like," he says before looking away for a few second and then turning back to look at me in the eyes. 

"I don't wanna look like an idiot in front of you," I pouted.

"What? Never. Friends don't judge their friends, okay?" Friends...yeah, that's what we are. Nothing else.

"Ah, okay. I will be in your care then," I replied with false cheerfulness.