Ch. 6: Close Proximity (Part 1)

Kihyun

"Hey, Young Master! Whose's that," someone asks Hyunwoo when we got to the training grounds.

"A friend. He wants to learn the way of the sword. So, I brought him here to teach him," he replies.

"Oh, really? I was being to think that Young Master didn't have any friends besides us old farts and a few youngins. Hahahha, isn't that right, Syeon," that person laughs blusterously as he smacked the person to his right on the back. 

"Nonsense, Hyungs. You guys are still young," Hyunwoo replies.

"Young at heart maybe," a person who seems to be around our age walked up. 

"Jaebeom ah, you sure know how to hurt this old man's feelings," the guy from earlier says as he dramatically holds a hand in front of his chest above his heart. 

"Hyunbin hyung, surely you jest," Jaebeom snorts before the two of them looked at each other in silence for a few seconds before laughing. 

"Ohhhhhhh, who is this cutie," another guy around our age exclaims when he came over and winks at me. 

"Man. Jackson, is there no one that is safe from you? Gotta make friends with everyone," Jaebeom says as he rolls his eyes at the newcomer. 

"Hey, I can't help it. I am the God of Affection, Friendliness, and...Sex," he mumbles the last part so that no one could hear what he said as he elbows Jaebeom in the side. What did he say?

"And, yet, you are in the army," Jaebeom retorts. 

"Boys! Boys," Hyunbin shouts to get their attention. 

"What," they both asked the same time.

"I think we are scaring him," he says  as he smiles wolfishly.

"Huh? Oh...umm...no, you all aren't....I just...umm," I stammered before stopping and then looking at Hyunwoo. 

"Oh, then, what's your name, little one," the man next to Hyunbin asks. 

"I'm Kihyun. Nice to meet you all," I said quickly before hiding partly behind Hyunwoo. It wasn't that I was scared of them. It's just that I am not used to having this much attention from so many people at one time.

"Starting from the left...the one with the beard is Syeon hyung. The funny uncle one is Hyun bin hyung. The other two are Jaebeom and Jackson. They are my childhood friends," Hyunwoo says to introduce them. 

"Pleased to meet you all," I said. They said similar things in response.

*awkward silence*

"Umm, guys. Let's get back to training," Hyunbin says after realizing that things got awkward and goes to guide the others to a different area of the training grounds.  

"But, I didn't even get to-," Jackson starts to protest but he suddenly falls silent after looking at back  Hyunwoo. Hyunwoo then turns around and smiles at me before asking, "Shall we?"

"Yes," I replied before running after him to a place where there are multiple weapons on wooden shelves and a wooden platform in the middle along with some martial arts dummies. But, I hadn't expected him to stop so suddenly. I ended up crashing into him and making us both fall. I closed my eyes and braced myself for the impact but it didn't come. 

I opened my eyes to see nothing but clothes. I looked up to see Hyunwoo peering down at me while laughing silently. In the next second, I realized that Hyunwoo spun around, caught me, and used his magic to stop us from fall. "Don't la-," I began to say but then my mind suddenly became aware of how close in proximity we are right at this very second. 

I gasped and went to step back out of his hold but he is too strong. I looked back up at him staring into his molasses colored eyes as he did the same when our eyes met. Time seemed to stop as we got lost in each other's eyes. The air between us smelled sweet and felt warm for some reason despite smelling like freshly cut wood and was chilly earlier. I subconsciously inhaled deeply and smelled wood sage and sea salt. 

Just as I started to wonder if that is what Hyunwoo smelt like, a flustered look appears on his face as he rambles something unintelligible before making us stand up right and stepping back away from me. What's wrong with him?