Ch. 8: An Adventure With You (Part 1)

Kihyun

~the following year~

"Finally. I was beginning to think that you stood me up," Hyunwoo says as soon as he saw me jump over the final palace wall. 

"Sorry, it was kinda hard to get away this time," I said truthfully as I had to bribe and/or coerce my siblings and my teachers to let me escape for a few days. It was fairly easy to convince my eldest brother to let me go and cover for me but convincing my elder sister did pose an issue.  I had to give up the dragon lily that mother had gifted me for doing well in my studies. As for my elder brother, I had to give him one of the magical beast puppies that I have been raising in my palace.

But, it was worth it though. I really wanted to explore the world outside of the heavenly palace but more importantly... "Man, your parents must be pretty strict. What did you say they did again," he asks.

"Nothing much. Just high gods with no titles," I lied once again. I never told him who my parents really were. One time, I told a new young celestial being that I had seen working in the palace after we had became friends. He immediately started to treat me more formally and respectfully. He didn't call me by my name just by my title. He also kept me at arms' distance too and said that our status is way too different for us to be friends, which made my heart ache and curse the fact that I am the fourth prince of the Nine Heavens. I don't want to be treated that way again...especially by him. 

"Kihyun, the sky is going to be dark if you just keep standing there," Hyunwoo says suddenly thus breaking me out of the inner monologue I was having with myself.  

"Eh? Sorry, let's go," I smiled brightly in hopes of dispelling the awkwardness in the air before sped walking over to where he was.