Ch. 23: The Royal Hunt (Part 2)

A/N: Check out my new showki fanfic, Victim of You! It's a supernatural and mature fanfic. 

Hyunwoo

"On your marks! Get set! And....Go," a solider shouts before shooting a burst of magic into the air which then became a firework thus signaling the start of the hunt. Everyone including myself immediately gets onto their horses and rides off into the hunting ground with the princes at the lead. 

When we got outside of the encampment, I can see that the path splits into four paths. I decided to take the leftmost one as less people went that way. As I rode through the forest, I scanned my surroundings looking for something that I can hunt. And, just as I was about to turn to look to the left, I saw something ash gray moving on the mountain on the right. There

I immediately changed course and rode my horse up the mountain as far I could before dismounting. I went up the rest of the way myself. Once I was at the top, I erased my presence and sent out little tendrils of magic to search for the animal that I saw.  I sensed something hiding in a hollowed ground under the largest tree. 

Not wasting anytime, I went over there and heard some shuffling sounds coming from the hole. I slowly walked up to the hole in order to not alert the animal. Once I was closed enough, I stuck my hand in and pulled out the animal that was hiding. To my surprise, it was incredibly large ash grey hare. I wonder if I can make a cloak out it for Ki...

I used magic to knock it out before bringing it back down the mountain and putting it into the bag I brought to put my prey in. My mother had prepared this infinite space bag for me so that I wouldn't have to lug my prey around while I continued to hunt. I got back onto my horse and randomly chose a direction and went that way to find more prey.

I wondered around aimlessly and ended up at a beach. There I spot a three headed sea monster chasing a group of sea lions in the ocean. Wanting to save them, I grab my bow, created an arrow out of magic, and aimed for the monster before casting a spell to it to make it stronger. 

Once I released the arrow, it soared all the way to the monster but it doesn't hit directly due to the spell I put on it. Instead, it shoots up to the sky above the monster. "Release! Arrow Rain," I shouted created a magic circle around the arrow which absorbed the arrow and shot out hundreds of the same arrow at high speed at the monster. 

The monster cries out at the barrage of arrows and stops hunting the sealions in favor looking for the attacker aka me. Once it saw me, it starts charging over to me. I jumped off my horse and pulled out my sword from its sheath and held it in front of me with the tip pointing at the sky. I then started to cast another magical attack.

A large magic circle appears under my feet but it isn't quite ready to be used. The monster gets closer and closer. When it was within range, it breaths fire at me. In that second, the magic circle was done and hundreds of swords made of magic come out of the magic circle and launches themselves at the monster.  

I jumped into the sky and stayed in mid air using magic to avoid getting hit by the fire but one of the heads looks up and breaths fire at me. "You think that can stop me with just that? You underestimate me," I smirked  despite being drained from casting two large spells back to back and went down in a nose dive of sorts as I weaved in out of the way of the attacks the monster sent my way. 

I managed to get just above its body. I then channeled magic to my sword and thrusted it into the space where the heart should be. Just as I did, I felt fire burning my back and the monster is trying to shake me off of its body too. I gritted my teeth, channeled magic to my left hand, and hit the end of the handle of my sword with it in order to drive it in all the way. 

The monster lets out a loud cry before collapsing and starts to sink into the ocean bit by bit. I quickly put of the fire on my back and took out of the potions that my mother gave me and drank it. I can feel it working its magic but it wasn't able to heal the wounds all the way. 

With my remaining strength, I drained the monster to shore and fell down onto my side. "This should let me win the hunt, right," I asked no one in particular as I lay there panting.  "Man, I need to up my training if it drains me that much from fighting one monster," I thought to myself.

I stayed there for a period of time and when I was about to get and leave, I felt something push against my side. It was one of the sea lions. "You wanted to say thank you," I asked it. It nods and then drops something into my hand before leaving. I brought the item to my eyes and saw that it was a luminous moon pearl.

I gaped in amazement in part because of shock that the sea lion gave it to me and in another part because of how beautiful it was. Just like its name, it glowed just like the moon and had its ethereal beauty too. It reminded me of Kihyun. The effortless beauty he is. The glow he gives off when he laughs. The brightness that he excludes naturally.  "...it does match him," I said under my breath as a smile tugs at my lips.