Ch. 26: Sword Dance (Part 1)

Kihyun

~some time later~

"Hyung, I was thinking...," I trailed off as I waited for him to look up from polishing his sword. 

"Hmm?"

"I was thinking that I could do a sword dance for Heavenly Father Emperor's birthday and-," I began to say but he cuts me off with a blusterous laugh. 

"You? Dance? With your two left feet? I don't think so," he snorts. 

I gasped loudly and exclaimed before hitting him on the bicep, "I do not!"

"Oh yeah? Remember when I was teaching you how to basic martial arts moves? And, you tripped over your own feet," he starts laughing again. 

"Wha- You said that you wouldn't bring that up again, Hyung! Ah, my dark past," I said angrily as I hid my face behind my hands as I knew that my cheeks had redden. 

"Haha, I'm sure that you can do," he adds. 

"Hyung," I said after letting go of my face and leaning in closer. "Friends are supposed to support each other not put them down," I huffed and puffed at him. To my surprise, he doesn't respond and simply stares into my eyes. In the next second, I became aware of how close in proximity we are. "It- um- not- uh-," I stammered as my heart started to beat faster unknowingly. 

"Ah, no- My fault- Sorry, Ki," he panics and scooted back a bit as he rubs at the back of his neck. I'm not sure why but that action made my heart hurt a bit. 

"Mmm," I replied with an affirmative noise. 

"Do you want me to help? I know a lot about sword fighting. And, um, my mother did teach me a routine or two of sword dancing. She won my father's heart over with her rendition of the Phoenix Empress," he says while slightly blushing. 

"Eh? Really? You were taught how to dance? Unbelievable," I exclaimed as I began to picture younger Hyunwoo wearing flowing hanbeok and dancing. Wah, it must have been so cute. "Can you show me, Hyung? I want to see," I said excitedly as I grabbed his hand and squeezed lightly.

"I-," he pauses and then looks at me. I quickly used aegyo to get him to say yes. It worked all the time with my siblings. They can never say no to me. "Alright, but don't laugh, okay? I haven't done it since I entered the army" he sighs.  

"I swear," I laughed as I held up my hand up.