Ch. 11: Joyful

Hyunwoo

"Hyunggggggggggggggggggg," Kihyun shrieks loudly after I splashed him with a mini wave of water. 

"Yeah," I chuckled as he is so cute when he gets mad. It almost seemed like he wasn't actually mad because of the faces he makes and the tone he uses. I just want to pinch his cheeks. 

"I'm all wet now," he grumbles under his breath as he looks at through his wet eyelashes with an adorable accusing look on his face. I could tell that he was glaring at me to a certain degree but his puffed out cheeks and pouty lips made it hard for me to feel bad or at least not right away. 

"Aw, Kihyun. Hyung is sorry. Don't be mad," I said softly as I closed the gap between us. He then smirked. What the-. Suddenly, I got sucked up into a mini water vortex/hurricane that is powered by Kihyun's petals of light.  

"Got yah, Hyung," he laughs that same laugh but this time I can hear a humming noise coming from the ocean as if the ocean itself was responding to him. 

"Kihyun, let me down this instant or else," I retorted as it kinda hurt my pride to be bested by someone who is younger than me. I could break out of this if I really tried but I felt like that would hurt his feelings. 

"No way," he says before meronging me. 

"Kihyun, if you don't, I'm not going to share the desserts that mother gave me for this trip," I threaten him as he likes the food that my mother makes. 

"You won't," he gasps. 

"I wouldn't? Try me," I smirked. 

"...fine," he pouts before waving his hand in front of me and the water imprisoning me disappears along with the petals of light. 

"Come on, Ki. Let's go get dry before we get sick," I said as I took his hand and started to lead him back to shore. 

"Okay," he says softly behind me which made me turn back to look at him but he quickly looks away when our eyes locked onto each other. What's with him? 

"Here, sit right there. I'll go look for some firewood," I said when we got back to where Midnight and Cloud was. Just as I turned to walk into the forest, I felt something or rather someone holding me back by holding onto my wet sleeve. I paused and turned to look at Kihyun curiously. 

"Be safe," he says shyly as he held onto my sleeve. 

"I will," I chuckled and ruffled his wet hair before going into the forest.