Ch. 14: The Cold Shoulder (Part 1)

Kihyun

~a few days later~

I groaned softly as I regained consciousness.  My vision is still foggy and I felt really exhausted. I tried to get up but a gentle hand keeps me from getting up. I wearily blinked until my vision cleared up. "Thank goodness, your highness! You finally woke up. I was beginning to fear the worst and was just about to ask my father to come take a look at you," a familiar voice says.

I turned my head to look at who was talkin to me. It was Jinyoung. "What are you doing here," I asked as I didn't remember how he got  here.

"You don't remember what happened before you passed out," he asks worriedly.

"No, I don-," I started to say when a sharp pain shoots through my mind. I clutch my head behind my hands in response. 

"Your highness, hold on. I'll heal you," he exclaims and holds his hand above my face. A green magic circle appears in front of his hand and tiny specks of green light floated down onto my head and got rid of the pain. 

"Thank you, Jinyoung," I paused as the events of what happened before I passed out came reeling back into my mind. "Where's Hyung? Why isn't he here," I demanded when I couldn't see him. But, it was then when I realized that I was in my own chambers. How did I get here?

"He- Um-Well, you see-," he stammers which is unusual for him. 

"Never mind, I'll go find him myself," I said as I went to sit up. 

"Your highness, even though, I healed your wounds. You still need to rest," he pleads with me.

"I must see him, Jinyoung," I stated. 

"There's no changing your mind?"

"Yes."

"Fine. But, at least, let me cast a rejuvenating healing spell on you," he says. 

"I'll allow it," I said simply as Jinyoung most likely wouldn't have let me go if I didn't. Jinyoung holds his hand in front of my chest and chants something under his breath before a neon green magic circle appears. Then, the green light that shone from it covers me from head to toe before disappearing after I got the boost from it. 

Just like that, my body felt lighter and I didn't feel tired. I got off my bed, and  went past Jinyoung. When I got to the front door, I looked down at my clothes and realized that I was still in my undergarments only. (A/N: Undergarments don't only refer to underwear. It also refers to the inner most clothing they wear under the clothes that people see). I then used my magic to create a pale jade green hanbeok  and put it on before checking if the coast was clear before taking the path I usually take to get to where Hyunwoo is. 

When I got there, he was training with the wooden martial arts dummies. "Hyung," I said cheerfully as I ran up to him. He freezes and turns to look at me. A look of relief passes through his eyes before it changes to a business like one. "This subject greets his royal highness, the fourth prince," he says as he bows to me. Oh, no...he found out...