Ch. 9: An Adventure With You (Part 2)

Hyunwoo

"I prepared a pair of horses and supplies for us," I said as I lead him to the spot where I leave them. 

"Oh, really," he asks as we get closer. 

"Wait...now that I think about it, do you know how to ride a horse," I deadpanned as I don't remember seeing him ride a horse. 

"Erm...my parents always babied me and never let me ride a horse. I just rode in the carriage with mother and sister," he says shyly as he looks at me through his eyelashes. A habit that I have noticed that he does whenever he feels shy, flustered,  or embarrassed. 

"Oh...well, then, I'll show you how to ride a horse," I said simply  before  we stopped in front of the horses. My horse has a stunning pitch black coat while Kihyun's horse has a white gold coat. Both horses are well bred and fit to do just about anything like war horses but not to the same extent. "This horse is well mannered and is suitable for beginners. Mm, do you think you can get on yourself," I asked. 

"Yeah," he says as he holds out his hand. In the next second, a flurry of yellow petals made of light magic float toward the horse like actual flower petals in the wind and formed three steps. Huh, I never thought of doing that. He goes up the makeshift steps and gets onto the saddle before putting his feet into the stirrups. 

"Hold the reins like this but don't do anything else right now, okay?"

"Ok," he says. I went over to my horse and mounted it.  

"Now, make sure to maintain your center of gravity or else you will fall off," I said before he did so and then I rattled off the rest of the way of how to ride a horse properly. "But, whatever you do, don't click your heels to-," I went to say when Kihyun suddenly clicks his heels together and moved the reins in the up and down motion that signaled the horse to start running. (A/N: I don't know the technical terms lol)

In the next instant, Kihyun and Cloud, the white gold horse, were running off further do the path next to the spot where we were. "Shit," I said before going after them with Midnight. 

"Hyung," Kihyun cries out as he pulls the reins back but inadvertently dug his heels into Cloud's sides, which made him run faster. My heart ached the second I heard the fear in his voice. 

"Come on, Midnight. Let's go save them," I said to Midnight before smacking his thigh. Midnight immediately bursts out into a full out sprint. Thankfully, Midnight is a purebred stallion that is trained for speed and agility. Kihyun is laying down on top of the horse and hugging the horse tightly too afraid to let go. 

When I caught up with them, I stood up in the stirrups before standing on top of the saddle and then jump onto Cloud just behind Kihyun. Then, I grabbed on the reins and pulled it back after shouting, "Woah!"

Cloud neighs loudly as she skids to a stop thus throwing me a bit forward and onto Kihyun's back. Midnight stops by himself just a few feet away. I can feel that Kihyun is shaking in fear. I pulled him up so that he is sitting upright and hugged him in order to comfort him. "It's okay, Ki. It's all over now," I whispered into his ear.  

He shudders a few times before relaxing in my hold. "Ki," he says in a questioning tone.

"Erm...Sorry, it just came out," I apologized as my cheeks redden. Get it together, Son Hyunwoo!

"No...it's okay....I like it," he says so softly that if I wasn't paying attention, I would not have heard a single thing.