Ch. 20: To Forgive or Not To Forgive

A/N:  early update cuz I have family coming over on the weekend :)

Hyunwoo

~in front of Kihyun's bedroom~

The crown prince had left after showing me where Kihyun was but not without threatening me by saying, "Hurt my baby brother like that again. I will end you. I don't care if you are the son of the guardians of the nine heavens." 

My heart races as anxiety clouds my mind. I never felt this nervous before even when I went to the battlefield with the army. I took a few deep breaths before knocking on the door. A few seconds later, I hear some shuffling sounds coming from inside the room. "Didn't I say that I don't want to see anyone? Or, have your ears gone deaf," Kihyun says angrily but it didn't sound very threatening due to his voice. 

"...It's me, Ki," I said as I placed a hand on the door.  Kihyun doesn't say another word but I wasn't discouraged and remained standing there waiting for him to talk to me. After two hours or so, I started to think that I should just walk right in there but I decided against it even though my legs were getting tired from standing in one place for too long.  "Your- No, Ki- I am so sorry for how I treated you the other day. It was wrong of me. I just- I just wanted to- Ugh, why is it so hard to put what I am thinking into words," I muttered the last part to myself. 

"Ki, it wasn't that I thought that we couldn't be friends because you are the fourth prince. It was because...I felt like it was my fault that you were almost kidnapped by those criminals. If I didn't suggest that we go on a trip outside of the palace walls, that would not have had to happen and you wouldn't have overexerted yourself...," I paused before rambling on and on because I am not good at talking to people. 

*doors opening*

A disheveled Kihyun glares at me with puffy eyes. A sharp twang is felt in my heart when I saw the state that he is in. He reaches out to me with his pinky extended. Confused as to what he meant by that, I looked at him curiously. "Promise that you won't be a big meanie anymore," he says and shakes his right hand at me in an attempt to tell me to pinky promise him. 

I smiled softly and linked our pinkies together before saying, "I promise." In the next second, his face brightens up before a haugthy but cute look appears on his face. 

"But, that doesn't mean I forgive you just yet," he says as he crosses his arms across his chest and looks at me with one eye closed. 

"You sure? Then, I won't give you the sweets that my mother made," I teased him as he likes the sweets that my mother makes. His other eye snaps open and a look of alarm appears in his brown orbs.

 "What? No, I f- Wait, this is a trick. Hmph, I'll just eat my mother's  then,"  he huffs as he closes his eyes and sulks, which made his cheeks look puffier than usual. 

I chuckled and shook my head before holding the container out to him and saying, "I was just kidding." He snatches the container from me after he opens one eye. Then, he turns around and walks back inside. When I didn't follow, he turns back around. 

"What are you waiting for? Come in. I can't eat all of this by myself," he pouts as he says this bashfully and shyly.