Ch. 10: Adventure with You (Part 3)

Hyunwoo

We continued down the path wordlessly with Midnight walking next to us as I couldn't find words to say in this kind of a situation. I should have read some books about socializing, relationships, and stuff instead of just training, going on assignments, and hanging out with the guys in the military whom have become like my brothers. Furthermore, I wasn't sure of how to excuse myself from riding on the same horse as Kihyun but I also didn't really want to get off. 

The feeling of having his body rest against mine and the warmth radiating from him made me feel...satisficed for lack of better words. Perhaps, it is because of his nature and light magic affinity. "Kihyun," I said in a questioning tone.

"Hmm?"

"What do you want to do first," I asked despite having already planned an itinerary as we rounded a corner on the path.

"I don't really know. I haven't been outside the palace walls since I was born."

"Really?"

"Yeah...Lame, isn't it? Mmm, then how about going to the ocean? I heard about it from the goddesses who love to gossip with mother," he says as he turns back a bit to look at me. I inadvertently stopped breathing as looking at him in the eyes from such a close distance made my heart beat a bit faster. "Hyung," he asks curiously as he turns some more to look at me curiously. 

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Sure, we can go to the ocean. We can go to the ocean where moonstone beach is. The view is amazing. I only saw it in passing when I was out on a mission but it was still captivating," I replied with a smile. 

His eyes widen before he quickly looks away. "Okay," he mutters. 

~Moonstone Beach~

"Woah, so this is the ocean," Kihyun exclaims as he starts to run toward the beach. 

"Wait, be careful, Kihyun. There might be something the sand that can hurt you or there might be a magical beast lurking," I said as I hurriedly tied Midnight's and Cloud's reins to a tree before running after him.

"It's fine, Hyung," he laughs in the way that sounded like music to me. It also seems like I wasn't the only one as the birds nearby started to sing too. He reaches the ocean before me but he doesn't go right in. Instead, he dips a toe in but quickly brings it back in because the water is cold. 

Wanting to give him the full beach experience, I came up behind him and picked him. He gasps loudly and looks at me with eyes full of surprise and/or shock. Before he could say anything, I ran into the ocean and threw him in the ocean thus soaking him head to toe. 

He sits up and shouts indignantly, "Hyung! That's not funny!" But, I could tell that he wasn't made as a smile tugs at the edges of his lips. 

I laughed and shook my head before saying, "Yes, it is-" But, I stopped midway when I noticed the way Kihyun's clothes stuck to his body and became somewhat transparent from the ocean water. I gulped subconsciously as I, for some reason, couldn't bring myself to look away or break out of this trance.

"Is something wrong, Hyung," he asks suddenly. I automatically took a step back as I didn't notice that he was standing right in front of me. 

"No, I just- I-," I stammered as I struggled to take of what to say.

"You what?"

"Um," I panicked before splashing water at him. A look of shock appears on his face before turning into anger and then playfulness. He then starts to splash water  at me and retorts, "Take that!"

"Hmph, you're a ten thousand years too early to be challenging me," I smirked as I used a bit of my magic to create a mini wave and sent it his way. 

He pushes his hair back away from his face and says, "Oh- You're on."