Ch. 21: Unknown Feelings

Hyunwoo

~many years later~ (A/N: Everyone besides the adults look like they're teenagers)

"Oomph," I exclaimed when something or rather someone landed on me catching me off-guard as I was in a deep sleep after training with everyone. Before my vision clears, I can hear a familiar laughter floating into my ears. When it does, I see Kihyun smiling down at me with a cheeky grin. A sight that I have seen often but never tired of despite seeing it for many years. 

After that fight we had, we were practically inseparable as we spent nearly all of our free time with each other. No one in the nine heavens didn't know that the fourth prince and the son of the god and goddess of war were friends. Not to mention, no one opposed it either as the upper echelon kids being friends isn't uncommon. 

"Hyung, you're going to catch a cold if you keep sleeping outside in such thin clothes," Kihyun teases. 

"Get off of me," I grunted and pushed him off as the weird feelings I had for him increased with each touch.  In the recent years, I keep thinking about whether those feelings are eros rather than philia like I always thought they were. Thus, I came to the decision that I would try to keep him at arm's length until I figured out what those feelings were.

However, Kihyun, who is oblivious to all this, often unintentionally distracted me from assessing and determining this feelings through various means that were as simple as hanging out with me and sparing with me.  "Meanie," he pouts. I guess I'll figured it out later...

"Says the person who jumped onto me when I was sleeping," I scoffed. 

"Hey, Hyung?"

"Hmm?"

"I heard that the royal hunt is going to be in the east sea kingdom this year. Waah, I want to see-," he pauses to breath before rambling on and on about what he wanted to do at the east sea kingdom.  Maybe, I should try my best this time...