Chapter 22: Bedside manner.

"You've got a lot of explaining to do."

"Take it easy on her Johnny, she's going to be a little disorientated for a while." Reed interjected

"Johnny what are you going on about?" April groaned, rolling her neck.

"Lily." He deadpanned

"Oh my god! Is she okay?" April jerked forward.

"She's fine A, just relax." Reed set her back down again, giving Johnny a warning glance "Do we really have to do this right now, Johnny?"

"Yes."

April squinted "What happened to your nose?"

"Your boyfriend's fist happened to my nose."

"What? Why did Steve punch you?"

"I told him about the night you slept with me. He was pretty pissed..." Johnny spoke trying to act nonchalant

April's jaw dropped "Well obviously! Why the hell would you tell him!?"

"Dunno, just felt like it..." Johnny paced up and down the length of the room "I mean, its not like I got pregnant and didn't tell the father of my child that he was the father for the first 4 years of her life."

April went blank. All the different scenarios she'd envisioned this happening where nothing close to this. She felt numb. It was finally time to face up to all the lying she had been running away from all the years.

"Johnny I-"

"I don't want to hear your excuses." he interrupted her "I don't want anything from you. I want to be in Lily's life, and I want her to know the truth. That's it."

"You want to be in her life?"

"Of course I do April! She's my fucking daughter!"

April stared blankly passed the youngest Storm. Johnny, confused, turned to see what she'd been staring wide eyed at for the past 20 seconds.

Steve was stood in the doorway, with Lily in his arms. The toddlers icy blue eyes looking Johnny over.

"How long have you been-?" April began

"Since 'I don't want to hear your excuses'." Steve replied glancing at Johnny.

Lily sniffed and rubbed at her tired eyes "I'm confused."