Chapter 23: Im lucky!

Steve and Johnny were made to leave the room whilst April had some quality time with her daughter.

She was forced to tell her everything. It was difficult to keep a secret from the most curios toddler in the world who had just overheard another man say she was his daughter.

So whilst being snuggled up against her mothers chest, Lily learned about the story between her Mommy and Pew Pew (minus the none PG parts, obviously).

"Did you understand all that sweetie?" April asked

"Not really." The little girl yawned "All I know is that I'm very lucky."

"Lucky?"

"Yeah." Lily explained "Because some people don't have daddy's... but I have two!" She grinned up at her mother.

"You are such a special little girl, you know that?"

Lily smiled even wider "Love you mommy."

"I love you too Lily-pad."

***
"So what are you gonna do now?" Tony enquired, handing Steve a drink.

"I don't know..." The super soldier sighed heavily, Downing his scotch. He knew he couldn't get drunk, but he'd sure have fun trying.

"Come on Steve. Your lady cheated on you, your daughter found out you aren't her real father, and you've done a good job making an enemy out of the man who is." Tony patted him on the back "How are you seriously thinking of handling this situation. If that was me, I'd be straight out of there..."

Steve's lips upturned in one corner, flashing a small smirk "I thought you were supposed to be on her side."

"Aprils my sister, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with everything she does... There's a well defined line, and she crossed it years ago."

"I just don't know what I did wrong."

"No Steve, don't do that to yourself." Tony comforted "Its not your fault my sister can't keep it in her panties. You gave 100% for her and she took you for granted, there's nothing more to it."

"But maybe if I'd have just-"

"-no, shut up right now." Tony stopped him again "Shush. This isn't your fault." Tony waited a few moments, giving Steve time to calm down before distracting him with work "Come on, we should be focusing on the lunatics that attacked us earlier, pull yourself together for a little while at least huh?"

Steve nodded and gave a weak smile before following Tony out of the room.