Chapter 11: Uncle Tony knows best.

Tony groaned at the loud knock on the door, he was religiously ignoring it until the sound of weak sniffles could also be heard. His brows furrowed as he hauled himself out of bed; swinging the door open he knelt  to half his height at the sight of his niece stood crying on the other side of the doorway.

"Lilypad? Hey, come here." He pulled the child against his chest "What's wrong sweety?"

"Mommy a-and daddy..." She sniffed wiping her nose with the back of her hand "They keep shouting at each other."

Tony instantly grew angry, Steve and April hadn't been right for weeks; and tonight Lily's come sobbing to his door because they''re screaming at each other? Tony couldn't help but wonder if it had something to do with the time she had spent out on the balcony with Johnny that night.

Tony ushered Lily into his arms, plonking her down on his side of the bed "You stay here with Auntie Pep, I'll go see your mommy ok?"

Lily nodded and scrambled underneath the covers as Pepper greeted her with a "Hey cutie."

Tony closed the door behind him as he stormed down the corridor to Steve and April's room.

***

"You haven't gone near me in weeks Steve!" April screamed "Your clearly not interested!"

"I am!" He retorted "You don't understand A- I..."

"What?"

Steve was silent.

"For god's sake Steve!." She growled "Please, lets just drop it and go to bed."

"What the hell are you two playing at!" April heard her brothers enraged tone from behind her.

She sighed "We just er- had a little disagreement."

"A little disagreement?" Tony laughed in disbelief "I've just had your daughter turn up at my door at 3am in the morning in hysterical tears because, and I quote, 'mommy and daddy keep shouting at each other'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't sound like a little disagreement to me!"

"Lils?" Steve whispered with a saddened expression.

"Yeah, Lils." Tony repeated "Listen, whatever this is, you two better sort it. You know i've always tried to stay out of your love life A, but when it's affecting my niece it becomes my business. I'm not having her miserable just because your butt-hurt about not getting any from Capsicle!"

April stood back, almost stunned. She decided not to retort; Tony's words were harsh but fair. She watched her brother walk robustly out of the room, turning to brush past Steve on her way to the bathroom.