Chapter 25: Back to Reality.

"A!" Johnny squealed bursting through the infirmary doors.

"Johnny, keep it down!" Reed scolded.

Was all April heard through her muffled senses. She was conscious now but her brain was completely scrambled.

Lily.

"Johnny where is she? Is she okay?"

"Is who okay, A?" Johnny's brows furrowed

"Lily. Where is she!?" April asked, more agitated this time.

"Woah, April calm down." Johnny soothed taking her hand in his "Who's Lily babe?"

"What are you talking about, who's Lily." April snapped her hands away from the human torch "Our daughter!"

Johnny stared at April confused for a few moments before looking up at Bruce.

Bruce gave no reassuring reaction, but instead knelt down next to April's beside. "April, do you remember what happened?"

She couldn't give me a real answer. It had all happened so quickly.

"April you were on a mission, to find out if Doom had been given a Drive with all of S.H.I.E.L.D's information on it. Do you remember that?"

"Yeah..." she sighed "But that was years ago."

"No it wasn't honey." Johnny interrupted "It was 4 weeks ago... We actually found and managed to kick Doom's butt in the time it's taken you to finish your nap." he tried to joke.

"I really don't understand."

"You've been in a coma for a month, April." Bruce clarified.

"A month?"

"Uh huh."

A month. She'd been unconscious for a month. And in that time she'd managed to live 4 years of her life, 4 secret years that no one else knows about. Which meant, now, today, she'd never had a relationship with Steve? She'd never had Johnny's baby? She was still dating Johnny?
Oh god.
All the relationships and the connections she had made with people, they weren't real. All the time she spent worrying and toiling in her own mind, wasn't real. And the four years she had spent caring for, feeding, and snuggling her little baby girl, weren't real.