Chapter 7: Mr know not alot at all.

"Reed." April breathed a sigh of relief "Thank you for coming at such short notice..."

"No problem." Reed smiled "Shall we go to the lab?"

April nodded and followed Reed down the stairs, with Lily in her arms.

"So what's the problem?"

"It's Lily..." April sighed

Reed squatted so he was about a third his natural height,

"So, your Lily? I've heard a lot about you..." He smiled, extending his hand out toward the toddler.

Lily hesitated, looking to her mother for reassurance; April nodded, and so Lily took hold of Reed's hand and shook it gently.

"If you'd just hop up on this counter Lily..." Reed tapped the desk in front of him.

April helped her daughter onto the counter, explaining the recent incidents to Reed.

"That's extraordinary..." He exclaimed "I'd like to take a sample of her DNA to take a closer look."

"That's fine..." April nodded "But, what does it look like so far? I mean-is she gonna be ok?"

"Oh yes, don't worry about that April. She's perfectly healthy." Reed reassured "From what I can see, her condition depends on her emotional state; much like Sue when she first developed her powers."

"So when she gets hyped up it sets of her powers?" April raised an eyebrow "How did Sue stop it?" She asked holding Lily's hand as Reed started to draw a blood sample.

"She learnt to control it." Reed smiled "Lily will be able to as she gets older, but until then I'm afraid it's a waiting game..."

April nodded and glanced up at Reed; He was giving her a knowing look.

"Did you know?" he questioned

She tried to act like she didn't know what he was talking about "I'm not sure I understand what you mean?"

"Did you know that she wasn't Steve's?" he asked again in a hushed tone. Noticing April tense at his words, he continued "I'm assuming that to be the only logical explanation of all this..."

There was a long pause. April fixed her eyes on the floor "I knew."

------------------------------

Upstairs, in the kitchen, Steve and Tony were having a heart to heart. They were sat around the breakfast bar, drinking coffee, and chatting about the situation with Lily.

"I can't believe you went along with all this." Tony admitted

"Neither can I!" Steve chuckled lightly "But I'm glad I did... Everything was going amazingly until now."

"Yeah... But April and Lily are downstairs with Reed, right?"

Steve nodded

"So he knows." Tony continued "Which means that there is only one person who doesn't know now, and that's Johnny."

"What doesn't Johnny know?" The hot-head asked, striding into the kitchen.

**************************

Eek! Johnny almost heard their conversation!

Question of the chapter: Who is your favourite marvel villain? (so I might be able to write them into the story)

My answer: Loki... Like, Tom Hiddleston... Duh. Ehe :)

Like, comment, vote... love y'all xoxo