[6]

"Hyunjin!!!"

Chan screamed, alarmed. He came running in my direction with a scared expression. It looked as if he lost his kid in the supermarket or a baseball stadium.

"Where did you go? I've been looking for you everywhere, man! I swear your mother is going to kill me if something happens to you-"

"Don't over-exaggerate it! I just came to see the beach. I'm right here, hyung!"

"I almost had a heart attack!" He said while checking upon me from head to toes, trying to spot a scratch of who knows what. "Don't go on your own again-"

"Eww gross! You sound like an overprotective mother. I'm not a child, hyung. I can take care of myself," I laughed while seeing how he deadpanned at my exaggeration.

"I know, but either way," he smacked my head, and this made me shoot a glare at him, "your mother is going to hang me up if something happens to her prodigal son."

"Tsk! Don't mention that woman here. Let me enjoy these vacations free of her craziness. Come on, let's get going," I said, walking on my own.

Chan and I kept looking at our surroundings, buying souvenirs and food, taking pictures, and planning what to do during the following days.

There are so many things to do on the island, and so many places to visit that I don't know where to start.

But for today, we decided to call it a day because as soon as we arrived this morning, we went outside.

We didn't rest nor spend time with his parents, and to be honest, I was a little tired from waking early. I'm not a morning person at all.

Fortunately, Chan and I agreed on the same, so we went back home to rest.

After having dinner, the night came really fast. Soon I found myself in my room, lying on the bed. I was scrolling through the pictures I took today when something came to my mind.

It was the cute guy I saw on the beach.

His vivid image was present in my head.

I closed my eyes and started to remember what he looked like.

The memory seemed to come in slow motion. A subtle smile was forming on my lips, but, soon I interrupted it.

His boyfriend appeared in my sweet memory, and that pissed me off.

"Tsk! Why a person like him has a stupid boyfriend like that?!"

I huffed and covered my face with a blanket. I drifted to sleep some minutes after.

~~~

The day after tomorrow came. Chan hyung and I woke up at 6 a.m. in order to visit one of the most famous landscapes in Jeju, Mount Hallasan.

The day before, we asked for directions and the necessary to climb it. We planned everything, and even Chan's parents lent us the car so we could drive around the island without a problem.

"Do you need help, buddy?" My friend asked me when he was ahead of me.

"I'm good," I said, slightly panting, stopping from time to time to fill my lungs with the clean air.

"Jesus Christ! You should do more exercise. You are suffering, Hyunjin..."

"Shut up, hyung! I'm just enjoying the view! It's just that," I said while taking his hand and finally composing myself.

Once I recovered and reached the main point of the mountain, we sat for a moment to drink water and rejoice with the view.

It was worth it to climb it. Our reward was the huge beautiful crater lake that welcomed us as soon as we arrived at the highest part.