[26]

The moment Jinsu tried to pull me out of the kitchen, two men in black suits entered and surrounded us.

"Don't let them go."

They blocked our way out, and led us to the living room after receiving the order of Jinsu's mother.

By this moment, I was so confused that I felt I committed a sin so big that I was about to get killed or go to jail.

"Let us go, mother!" Jinsu hollered. "You can't-"

"Separate him from my daughter..."

In a blink of an eye, these two men separated me from Jinsu and pinned me to the ground.

Their knees were pressing my back while their arms were holding mine at each side.

"Yah! What the fuck do you think you are doing?! Leave him alone!" Jinsu yelled as she burst into tears and tried to hit those men in the face.

She slapped, scratched, kicked and even pulled the hair of those men. However, they didn't budge. They seem made of steel.

It was until Jinsu's mother gave the order to release me that they did it.

I groaned as I sat on the ground. I rubbed my neck and arms. The grip was so sudden and strong that I hadn't the time to tense the muscle to lessen the pain.

Jinsu threw herself in my arms and checked upon me with tears in her eyes.

"Ji- a-are you okay? Did t-they hurt you? I-"

"I'm okay, babe. Don't worry...but...I don't get it. What's going on? What's wrong, Jinsu?" I asked while wiping her tears, "is this really your mother?"

She nodded as her tears fell down more, "yes, she is."

"Then why is she-"

"Then why what?" The woman interrupted. "Of course I am her mother."

"Why are you treating your daughter like that?" I asked while hugging Jinsu, "what did she even do?"

She laughed sarcastically. "treating my daughter badly? I am sorry, but I think there is a misunderstanding here. I am not treating my own blood bad. I am just treating bad some lofty scumbag...and that is you..."

It was there when it finally hit me.

I knew they were overprotective over Jinsu, but not to this extent.

However, I was once again in the wrong.

The problem was not that Jinsu got a boyfriend, but the status of the guy she had ever chosen to be with.

"Jinsu, I am not upset because you have a boyfriend behind my back. What upsets me is that I can see a simple sight, and without digging in his background that this guy is not from our class..."

Jinsu's mother looked at me with furrowed eyebrows, and added, "am I right...?"

That comment was so rude and cruel that it took me time to process it.

That comment not only affected me, but also Jinsu.

She separated from my embrace with a gloomy and dark expression, and the next thing she did was to stand up and go in the direction of her mother.

"Apologize..." She demanded with firm tone, "apologize to him in this instant, mother..."

The woman scoffed. She seemed offended. "Apologize? Why? People apologize when they make a mistake or offend someone. I did not commit any of those. I just stated facts. This person here is just a mere-"