[44]

I offered Jisung to take him home, but since that would have meant interrupting Su-jin's sleep, he declined my offer immediately.

He said that at another time, he would be accepting without a problem, but given the situation right now, it would be better for me to stay at home and for him to go on his own.

He also commented that he won't be going straight to his place, and that he needed to return that Hanbok and do some other stuff in the middle before actually going home.

I felt kind of sad, but I understood. I also didn't want to interrupt Su-jin's sleep since this one seemed to be so comfy by the way Jisung put him to bed. There was no other thing than to accept his suggestion.

When Jisung went away, the moment he bid his goodbyes and closed the front door, I was left alone with my thoughts and worriedness.

Kkami was running in circles at the main door, wagging his tail in contentment.

He was undeniably more than happy to see Jisung after all those years. He recognized him at a simple glance, and they two got along more than well, like back in those days.

I just need to add that before Jisung left my home, he played and pampered Kkami for a few minutes.

Calling Kkami 'baby' just brought to me the memories of when I first met him in Jeju. For a moment, I was brought to the past, when I was just able to admire their cute friendship from a distance.

What sweet memories.

The excitement remained in Kkami's heart, so I left him there, and went to the kitchen to prepare a hot drink. One I needed to get rid of those thoughts.

I knew that today would be a long and sleepless night, and tea sounded good to calm my nerves and anxiety.

After all, I couldn't call Chan hyung and tell him what was happening if I didn't even know what was actually happening.

I just need to wait for my uncle until tomorrow and fill the gaps Jisung left.

As the kettle boiled the water, I sat on the counter and took my phone out of my pocket. I accidentally pinched my index finger with a speck of crystal.

I sucked my teeth in annoyance as I saw a minuscule drop of blood on my fingertip.

It was nothing serious, but still, it annoyed me how clumsy I can be.

Leaving that small detail aside, I took my phone and observed it.

The second screen of my phone is the one that, in reality, got damaged. And, well, also one of the corners of the device. But in the end, it was nothing too extreme to decide between buying another one and replacing it.

I stretched my arm and reached for a tool in one of the cabinets. I used this tool to take the tempered glass and leave the phone without protection.

Once I took the broken and now useless glass, I unlocked my phone and dialed my uncle's number.

I called him two times, but he did not respond, which only pissed me off.

When I was about to call him a third time, a message chimed.

Did he really just...?

I opened the message section, hoping that it would be Jisung. He asked for my number before going away and told me that he would be sending me a message so I could save his number. But it was not him.

It was my uncle.

No time to answer the call, but yes to send a message?

In the message, there were no words written, only a photo attached.