[33]

Arriving at the bustling nightclub was harder than I thought. There was nowhere to park outside that place, so Chan hyung and I had to leave the car some blocks ahead, in front of a coffee shop.

As expected, in the club, there was loud music that made our hearts and ears feel oppressed just by the second we entered. The neon lights left us blinded. The place was so packed that it was hard to walk.

The moment we arrived here, I started to really wish to be at home, preparing Su-jin's food and watching some kid's shows with him and Kkami.

Why on earth did I agree to come to a nightclub? I didn't remember how much I don't like these places!

It was already too late to go back on my word even if I wanted.

Once you accept something, you need to keep your word until that promise is fulfilled.

That is something Jinsu's father always told me when I was young. I guess I have that wise advice well attached to me.

"Hyunjin, do you think that..."

"Huh?"

"Do you think that..."

"What?!"

"Do you think that..."

This is why I hate to come to these places. You can never hear what your friends are saying. Not even if you are close to them by one inch just like Chan hyung and I right now.

"I can't hear the rest of the question, hyung!!!"

"Fuck, man! I'm just by your side. Why are you so deaf today?"

"I'm not deaf! The music is so fucking loud, hyung! Don't blame me! What did you say?"

"Ugh! I told you 'DO YOU THINK THEY HAVE ALREADY ARRIVED? HE HASN'T REPLY TO MY MESSAGES!!"

"Aaahh~~~," I rubbed my left ear, the one Chan hyung just destroyed with his loud voice. It was so hard for me to yell just like he did, so I had to drag him near the bathrooms where the sound sounded muffled, "if he is already in this place and hasn't noticed your messages, I don't blame him. I mean...look at this place. We can't even hear ourselves..."

"That's a good point. Maybe I should try and call-" Chan hyung paused when the phone in his hand illuminated. He has been waiting for that guy to call him or tell him where he is, and it seems this is what he was waiting for.

I saw my friend scrutinizing those messages. His face seemed to illuminate, and not for the light coming from the screen of his phone.

"What did he say, hyung?"

"H-he is already here...i-in one of the tables. What tables? There are tables here? I... I don't know what table...I...where...do we..."

"Hey...hey...relax, hyung." I said while placing my hands on his shoulders to calm him down. I could see how nervous he was, "it's okay. Ummm...tables. Yeah... I think I saw some of them, but I don't know in what direction. Let's just look around..."

He took a deep breath before nodding, "y-yeah, you are right. Let's go look around..."

Ever since Chan hyung entered this place, he had been biting his nails. He seems pretty nervous.

Who wouldn't, right?

He is going to finally meet this online friend he met who knows where on the internet. They have been friends for years now, although they haven't met in person not even once.

The reason for this is unknown to me. Chan hyung doesn't talk to me much about that guy.

Leaving that aside, I'm so happy that Chan hyung is going to meet him at last. Chan hyung is a really nice person. He cares for others, and I can see he cares for this guy more than he thinks. He says that they are just friends and that there is no feeling behind the word 'friendship'. But I don't believe any of this.