[35]

"Hyunjin...?"

"I- umm.....yeah! Hahaha...that's umm...yeah..."

It took me time to notice that I was just staring at Jisung and even making him uncomfortable. He seemed to furrow his eyebrows on more than one occasion like he had encountered a really strange person. Me.

"Yeah...what?" Chan hyung placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it, "greet the brother of my friend properly, Hyunjin. What's with your manners?"

"AHHHH~~" the realization hit me. I didn't notice how rude it looked to just say 'yeah...' when they both bowed to me.

Feeling this way, I immediately stood up and bowed to the two brothers. It was an exaggerated bow of 90 degrees as if greeting very old people. "I'm sorry! Nice to meet you... I am-"

When I lifted my head to see what expression Changbin and Jisung had, I got bashful.

Both of them looked at me with a laughing expression, especially Jisung, the one who seemed to cringe.

"I am...H-Hyunjin..."

I sat back after finishing saying my name and hearing the humming response of Jisung. I fixed my eyes on the piece of cheesecake I bought, the one I hadn't even touched, and kicked the leg of my friend so he could say something on my behalf.

Fortunately, Chan hyung retook the conversation and started to talk. In the meantime I was wishing an alien attack would suddenly happen, and they would kill me to save me from this embarrassment.

How could I not space out and stare at him like that after finding out all of this?

Who would have thought that the online friend of Chan hyung would be the brother of the person I've fallen for in Jeju?

In all honesty, that's so hard to believe, and if I wasn't the one seeing it with my own eyes, I would never believe that things like this could happen in real life.

Not even the stories I read have this turn of events!!

The table we were sitting on was semi-squared in contrast to where Jisung was sitting originally.

Changbin was sitting facing Chan hyung, while Jisung was sitting just across from me.

I could feel his eyes on me, but I was just too embarrassed to look up and confirm it.

My friend and Changbin soon deepened their conversation to one-on-one. I couldn't hear the voice of Jisung anymore. They started talking about things that had to do with them, so probably Jisung stepped back in an attempt to participate in the talk no more.

After a while of calming my heart, I dared to look up just to see that in reality, Jisung was not looking at me. He had never fixed his eyes on me as I thought.

His head, indeed, was pointing in my direction, but his eyes were looking at his right side. He was looking at Chan hyung just the way he was looking at that girl I saw him with in the nightclub.

He also stole some glances at his own brother, then looked down on to the table and smiled for himself.

When he felt I was looking at him, he lifted his head and chuckled after meeting my expectant eyes.

"So... Hyunjin, huh?...the one who bows 90 degrees to people of the same age?" He inquired while wearing a tiny grin that I didn't know if it was playful teasing or laughing mockery.

"I- yeah... I mean...I don't-"

"I'm just kidding..." He said while shaking his head, "how are you?"

I sighed in relief. I was really about to panic once again. I collected myself rapidly and smiled, "I'm pretty good. What about you...?"